Which case to buy ? Aluminium only..

Permabanned
Thermaltake VA3000BWA Tsunami Dream or Lian-Li PC-60 PLUS ..

Lian-Li comes with removable motherboard tray but no window and some weird cooling included, Thermaltake comes with window but no removable tray...

Thoughts? Which has the better cooling? is there much difference ?

Soldato
PC7+ with side window gets my vote, its a PC60 without the mobo tray, a 120mm rear fan and a window can be had making it the same price as a basic PC60.

Deffo the best choice :)

Permabanned
OP
KizZ said:
PM's are disabled on these forums. Just search froogle.co.uk

LOL, I love this Excellent and well structured forum, with PM's disabled for good reason. :D

I'll let that slide this time but please refrain from posts like that. Pm's are disabled because it is a MASSIVE bandwidth hog and it gets abused as well.

Associate
I'd suggest you confirm with OCUK that they actually stock the Lian Li PC60 Plus, I ordered one last week and the case delivered was the PC60 standard, on phoning the tech department I was told that theres an error on site they only stock the PC60 standard not the Plus, so might want to check before you make a decision :).

Soldato
Just to add my thought: whilst the Tsunami does not have a removeable mobo tray, it does have removable hard drive and floppy drive cages - this leaves perfectly enought room for installing and working on the motherboard.

Jon

Permabanned
OP
kallen said:
I'd suggest you confirm with OCUK that they actually stock the Lian Li PC60 Plus, I ordered one last week and the case delivered was the PC60 standard, on phoning the tech department I was told that theres an error on site they only stock the PC60 standard not the Plus, so might want to check before you make a decision :).

Thx for the info, if I do buy one it wont be from here then...
I might just get the Tsunami and save the hassle of buying the side panel seperately, also the removable HD and Floppy cage would be nice..

Anyone know of any thermal tests done comparing both cases performance?

Soldato
The PC7+ is the one you want as I have said before!

It is a superior case to the PC60+

It is big enough that you do not need a mobo tray, and its Hard drive cage is also removeable as its a standard feature on most cases.

The Lian Li's are leaps ahead of thermaltake, the build quality is just so far superior, if you wish to talk to other sceptics about the PC7+ im sure I could pass you on.

40 people+ now ive spoken to on msn who have bought a PC7+, none of them have anything bad to say about it, bar one whos case was resonating but he sorted that out very easily :)

Soldato
You need to find out what is causing the resonation, my money is on the hard drives or front fan, try taking the panel off and putting it back on.

This may sound slightly wacko, but it usually goes away once the case has settled, always worth trying pressing down on the panel aswell incase it has a bit to much space.

Associate
Thanks Yewen. I've put the case on the carpet now and it's so much better.
I've seen the AcoustiFeet replacement feet, would these really make that much difference?

Associate
Yewen said:
Not really, but may do in your circumstances.
Now the case is on the floor, i can still hear loud vibration through the floor in room below, but the actual case is now fairly quiet.

I've cut an old mousemat into squares and placed under the case feet and it's much better :p

Soldato
I've seen the AcoustiFeet replacement feet, would these really make that much difference?
Yes they would!, if it is resonating on the desk and sounds quieter on the floor then the acusti feet would make a difference. The feet on the PC-7 are pretty hard plastic and offer no dampening quality's at all, the acustifeet are ultra soft rubber and will absorb all but the harshest vibrations. Have a feel and you'll see what i mean. I got a set and they made a big difference. With the case being so light you could get a soft set (if you can find some) otherwise it will have to be the medium set, the medium set are still very soft though.

HTH

Mark

Back
Top Bottom