For Sale: Xbox 360 box - Core System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Sic said:
it's not the fact that the ripping off is being condoned. i'm not condoning ripping people off, what i am saying is Tru should be allowed to sell an Xbox360 box if he wants to. people sell worse crap on ebay all the time, but do you go round getting their auctions revoked?! do you hell. i dont quite know what great deed you think you're doing by acting all holier than thou on this matter, but i have a feeling you're being a bit misguided. Tru has clearly stated that it's an empty box, and he's said that he's going to tell the guy about it being a box. what else could he have done, when wanting to sell his Xbox box? i cant think of anything!

LOL!
If you genuinely believe that Tru has clearly stated that it's an empty cardboard box (Xbox branded) (Hmmm. strange he didn't use that wording.. I wonder why)
and your gullible enough to think that he is indeed going to make sure that the buyer is 100% aware it's just a cardboard box and nothing else, then you sir are more foolish then the buyer who has not read the auction properly. :rolleyes:

Also the simple FACT that he had a buy-it-now placed at £70 means that he and ANYONE trying to defend his actions DO NOT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON!!

Sorry Tru, but your actions are that of a slimy, self absorbed scabby scammer and I seriously hope you get some nasty Karma for preying on the less fortunate and stealing money from them :mad:

Associate
gord said:
Why didnt you think first to throw the box away?

Now that would be genius.
You are bidding on an XBox box that I haven't got because I threw it away.
Some dipstick would bid on it.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Jeff Crawly said:
....more drivel....

what makes you think that writing it bigger makes me anymore likely to read it? i can see what you're trying to say, the problem is it's a load of crap. i know that if i want to buy something on ebay, i read the description because i know you have to be really careful about what you're buying.

like i said, i side with Tru on this, providing he emails the guy to verify that he's bought a £70 cardboard box, even though he shouldn't have to...it's the polite thing to do, because you know this guy's not read it properly

Permabanned
Sic said:
it's not the fact that the ripping off is being condoned. i'm not condoning ripping people off, what i am saying is Tru should be allowed to sell an Xbox360 box if he wants to. people sell worse crap on ebay all the time, but do you go round getting their auctions revoked?! do you hell. i dont quite know what great deed you think you're doing by acting all holier than thou on this matter, but i have a feeling you're being a bit misguided. Tru has clearly stated that it's an empty box, and he's said that he's going to tell the guy about it being a box. what else could he have done, when wanting to sell his Xbox box? i cant think of anything!

Actually I regularly report dodgy auctions when I come across them. I don't go looking for them, but if I find them while doing other business then I will take a few seconds to report them, I don't see the problem there. It's up to ebay to then decide whether my concern is warranted or not.

I don't mean to be holier than thou, but I don't like people being ripped off. Whether tru is doing that though, I have doubts - the whole thread seems like a big joke which only a few people are in on, and/or trolling. I doubt the thread would have lasted long or he'd have had much support if an unknown poster had made it.

dun

dun

Soldato
/falls off chair laughing at some of you lot.

I hope i missed the post that said ok from now on lets all act like total muppets. Laugh out loud isnt the word... Jeff what you thinking mate?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I don't mean to be holier than thou, but I don't like people being ripped off. Whether tru is doing that though, I have doubts - the whole thread seems like a big joke which only a few people are in on, and/or trolling. I doubt the thread would have lasted long or he'd have had much support if an unknown poster had made it.

i dont like people being ripped off either, but do you honestly think that he'd advertise this sale in a place he frequently posts, if his intentions were dishonest? i dont think he's that stupid, to be honest.

if this thread is a joke, it isnt one that i'm in on.

Caporegime
Tru said:
scooter.gif

Absolute class..pure utter class that pic :D:D

5*'s indeed for this thread...someone please archive it as well for future amusement :p

Soldato
If you've really sold an XBOX box for that amount using the methods described, you should lose your EBay account and, IMO, any MM privileges you have on OCUK. In fact, if this was my forum, you'd be permabanned immediately as you're not the sort of person I'd want as a member.

The Buy-It-Now price should be a reflection of what the seller values the item at, rather than a cynical method of conning people into believing they're getting something worth a lot more than it should be.

What's more shocking than one individual believing this is perfectly acceptable though, is that anybody else at all can agree with him.

Soldato
phykell said:
If you've really sold an XBOX box for that amount using the methods described, you should lose your EBay account and, IMO, any MM privileges you have on OCUK. In fact, if this was my forum, you'd be permabanned immediately as you're not the sort of person I'd want as a member.

I agree completely

Tru

Tru

Soldato
OP
Dutch Guy said:
How can you say that your intention was to just sell the box when you know full well it is only worth a couple of quid at most is beyond me :confused:

You wanted someone to fall for it and pay over the top for it :(

I disagree, on both points.

Theoretically the Xbox 360 box is worth the difference between the price of a boxed Xbox 360 and an unboxed Xbox360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom