How secure is this site

Soldato
How secure is this site.
You type in your msn addy and password, then it maches up the people on your list, with their contact's list. This enables you to see who deleted/blocked you.

One annoying thing though, it changes your sign-in name to the URL. (can always change afterwards)

Soldato
Not exactly secure, they could be recording or doing anything with your password and there's no encryption on the page. I hardly see why anyone cares enough to start typing their passwords into slightly dodgy looking third-party websites!

Soldato
sup3rc0w said:
How secure is this site.
You type in your msn addy and password
I certainly wouldn't be typing my password out to ANYONE/ANYTHING other than offical log in screens. But then, some people really don't value their account...

Soldato
Hahaha, there are much better ways to check blocks, just google 'msn block checker' or something similar. You don't need to put in your email address or password, if you have a suspicion someone is online (but you can't see them) you just put in their email addy and it comes back with their status.
Gaim is also a good bet.

Man of Honour
NEWSFLASH!!!!

Get out of your self-absorbed worlds and talk to your friends rather than gossiping behind their backs.

Sadly, among teenage girls and students and humans in general this trait has always been and always will be.

I wouldn't trust any of those dodgy MSN-something-or-other sites. It's too easy to misuse them...with the data they collect they could ruin your account, as could anyone on the network between you and them as it's not encrypted.

Soldato
Beansprout said:
NEWSFLASH!!!!

Get out of your self-absorbed worlds and talk to your friends rather than gossiping behind their backs.

Sadly, among teenage girls and students and humans in general this trait has always been and always will be.

Erm, relevance to the topic\thread? Where is gossiping behind backs mentioned?!

Man of Honour
Pickers said:
Erm, relevance to the topic\thread? Where is gossiping behind backs mentioned?!
The whole finding out if someone's blocked...akin to gossiping to other people instead of the person directly, sorry, couldn't resist the outburst....I've been bombed with all these silly things recently :p :o

I did also answer the actual question though :)

Soldato
Beansprout said:
The whole finding out if someone's blocked...akin to gossiping to other people instead of the person directly, sorry, couldn't resist the outburst....I've been bombed with all these silly things recently :p :o

I did also answer the actual question though :)

Ahh ok - personal inference ;)
Smile and the world smiles too and all that.

Caporegime
Pickers said:
Ahh ok - personal inference ;)
Smile and the world smiles too and all that.
I believe that I addressed this issue in this post.

Nobody should have to put up with inappropriate personal inference on these forums.

Talk to HR, your Union and the the police. If that doesn't work, form a posse of vigilantes.

Oops - I apologise - I though you wrote interference.

Associate
PinkPig said:
Not exactly secure, they could be recording or doing anything with your password and there's no encryption on the page. I hardly see why anyone cares enough to start typing their passwords into slightly dodgy looking third-party websites!

Bebo, Flicstar, and numerous other ones will do this, on the basis of "let us invite your friends from your contact lists...."

Back
Top Bottom