• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3700sd - oem or retail from ocuk??

Associate
looking into getting a 3700sd in the next week or so and was wondering if there is any difference between the oem and the retail other than the packaging and the hsf?? I know good oc'ing chips is luck of the draw but will these clock around about the same as each other? Looking at running it at about 2.6 on air with my G-power Pro.
If anyone has got an oem 3700 from ocuk recently can you post your clock speeds as I've heard a lot of people getting good clocks with the retail chip from here but not much has been said on the oem chip.
Many thanks.

Soldato
dale1uk said:
looking into getting a 3700sd in the next week or so and was wondering if there is any difference between the oem and the retail other than the packaging and the hsf?? I know good oc'ing chips is luck of the draw but will these clock around about the same as each other? Looking at running it at about 2.6 on air with my G-power Pro.
If anyone has got an oem 3700 from ocuk recently can you post your clock speeds as I've heard a lot of people getting good clocks with the retail chip from here but not much has been said on the oem chip.
Many thanks.
Ive got a 3700 retain running at 2.6 with a G-Power HSF and runs at 32-34 degrees C with the fan (using speedfan) at 30% and never goes above 44 C with the fan set to its maximum of 70% (again using speedfan).

Soldato
From what ive read the Retail CPU's Have a better stepping.

Ive had my 3700 SD running at 2.8 Ghz on 1.5 Volts since the day it arrived..

Some people have had the 3700 SD Retail at 2.8 on stock volts :)

If it were me, i would go for the Retail CPU

Associate
I have just received my OEM 3700+ from OcUK - CCBWE 0542VPMW. I will see how this baby goes as soon as i can find a way to gets my bios updated, because the one shipped with the board doesn't support this revision CPU.

When I get around this I will post some results.

Soldato
3700 from ocuk about 6 weeks ago and running as per sign - on stock cooler and stock volts.

Not sure of stepping as never look as being to excited to get it in the machine!!! Retail version

Back
Top Bottom