Flash MX question - looping movies.

JEB

JEB

Associate
When you have a .fla file that's got a tween on it, and you then play the corresponding .swf file, it loops over and over again. I know that when you play the .swf file you can manaually go in and take the Loop setting off, and that way it'll only play the once, but how do you set the actual .fla file to only make it play the once?

I want to put my .swf on my web site as a banner, but don't want it playing over and over again. Just want it to run the the once when the site is initially loaded.

Is this possible?

I've just started playing with Flash for the first time, so I'm on a steep learning curve :D

JEB

JEB

Associate
OP
Good man, didn't know these actions existed, so will have a hunt through them all now and see if I can play about with them.

Can I take complete advantage and ask another question please:-

I have a site that is based on frames, and I only want my swf movie to play when the site is first loaded in that browser session for the first time. After loading for the first time I want it to stay static at the end point of the movie.

As it is every time I return to the home page, or move between frames, it runs the full .swf, which is not what I want.

Do you know if there is a way to tell it only run once for a browser session?

Thank you for your reply, it's appreciated.

Associate
As above you can check for an existing session and pass a variable into flash to tell it to skip straight to the end of the movie. You can do this with a bit of PHP and using the flashVars method when you embed the swf to pass variables into the flash movie.

Back
Top Bottom