Motherboard temp?

Don
I have the ASUS probe on my desktop, I had it running a couple of nights ago but didn't take much notice of the temps.

I got my watercooling etc installed yesterday which seems to be running fine. The CPU is at 35oC which is normal.

I went to play Pro evoultion soccer tonight, and the game kept hanging every 10 seconds or so for 10 seconds at a time.

I opened the ASUS probe and the alarm went off for the MOBO temp, it was at 45oC...Is this a abnormal temp?

What normally cools the mobo? Why would pro evo suddenly be reacting like this, it was fine with my normal air cooling.

The mobo is a ASUS A8N32-SLI

Cheers!

Don
OP
PC is runnign a bit doggy also. Taking 5 seconds to open control panel, where normally it would open straight away...

Not sure why this would just happen??

Spec

AMD x2 64 4400+
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
ATI X1900XTX
OCZ 2GB RAM
S2 SATA2 hdd's
PSU Hiper Type-R
Tai-Chi case with water

Don
OP
Slenpree said:
was a post not long ago where another guy with a watercooled system had a similar problem

the final solution was a format in the end, if i remember rightly a CMOS reset worked for a while so try this.

Is that the pin to reset the BIOS etc?

Well I did format it, and the hdd is really chuntering away when I open programs etc!

Grr...

So not looking too good

Don
OP
This is worrying,thought id wake up today to seeplenty of replies!

Anyway,reset the CMOS and now I cant even get into windows...Comes to the XP screen and then the PC restarts!I get its some BIOS setting needs amending,but which one?!

Permabanned
Erm, reformat, clear cmos then reinstal lwindows clean...

Try that.. Check your water cooling too, and maybe your temps

Soldato
Clear the cmos a couple more times, and for a few seconds each time.

Then before it gets to the xp screen, load your bios and select any fail safe defaults that you might have, see if this works.

Was your system overcocked or over volted in anyway before it hit the silk?

Associate
My asus passive mobo cooling keeps temps on mine to within 30-35oC at all times so to me yours does seem high.

My system is mildly overclocked (2ghz > 2.5) with those temps but that did'nt have a major impact on mobo temps on mine from standard.

Hope someone can give you a more positive reply.

Does seem quite High though imo..

what temp reading do you get in the bios?

Back
Top Bottom