• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

overclocking an sli rig help please

Soldato
ive never overclocked in my life can someone please tell me what software would be best to use to overclock an sli rig ?

Associate
its more time consumeing than ote because you have to up the core and if that dont work down the memory. You have to down load 2 programms one called powerstrip and coolbits. Coolbits is the overclocking software just for sum reason if you dont have powerstrip it dont let you use coolbits to overclock. In cool bits you use slideing bars to change the overclock. When you changed it (normally around 10mhz each time) click test. If it says overclock faid try turning memory down little or decrese core little. When your happy with the speed do a few loops on 3dmark05 just to give it a good test.

Soldato
OP
ive never overclocked before so im best leaving it :( had a look at the riverturner link dident see anything to do with sli thankyou both kinggost Legless for your replys

Soldato
OP
i just got rid of my water cooling lol twin radiator the lot by WaterChill it was a kit kept getting leaks changed the water block another leak got sick of it so ripped it all out and stuck five 120mm fans in there and got a VapoChill Micro for the cpu i feel safer now :)

Associate
millward467 said:
i just got rid of my water cooling lol twin radiator the lot by WaterChill it was a kit kept getting leaks changed the water block another leak got sick of it so ripped it all out and stuck five 120mm fans in there and got a VapoChill Micro for the cpu i feel safer now :)

You want to do a custom setup they a lot better

Soldato
Overclocking your garphics cards is a piece of Cake using Coolbits. Google it, download, double-click to add it to the registry, then open the nvidia CP and go to the overclocking tab. Pull down the no overclocking tab and change to manual overclock (or whatever it's called, i'm at work so can't look), agree to the disclaimer, then click the test optimal frequencies button and leave it to test. Once it's done, click the load at startup settings and off you go. I usually turn the max overclock down a bit, (it detects 492 but I run it at 480). Watch out for graphics anomolies and keep an eye on your temps, I run the Artifact tester within ATI's tools (works with NV) to see everythings ok.

Hope this helps.

Caporegime
\HKLM\Software\Nvidia Corporation\NVTweak\Global

new > Dword Value "CoolBits" Value "3" (note the use of capital C and B in CoolBits).

That will enable the overclocking tab in the nvidia drivers control panel.

Rivatuner DOES support SLI btw.

Man of Honour
Coolbits is the one to use. Get it from here save going into the registry.

I can get my pair of BFG 7800GT O/C from 425/1050 up to 500/1.24 easily with no problems at all. It gives an excellent boost for benching. Got them running 24/7 at 472/1.17.

I have changed the coolers though as they were doing my head in so i now have a Zalman VF700-CU Quiet Copper VGA Cooler on the top card and a Arctic Cooling nVidia 5 rev 3 on the lower card. I did originally buy two of the AC ones but the dimensions are wrong on AC's website and the top one did'nt fit so i got the Zalman as well. Both increased my overclocks from 487/1.17 to the current max of 500/1.24. Well chuffed.

Back
Top Bottom