Broken phone question.

Soldato
I am on contract and have about 7 months left until I'm allowed an upgrade (I sold my last upgrade as I needed the cash, plus I like my current phone)

Anyway, my current phone is breaking now and I really REALLY don't want to get a cheap ass phone off Ebay for the next 7 months.
I have no insurance on my phone BTW.

Do you think its possible I could ask nicely and end my current contract with them as long as I tell them I'll sign up for another 12 months and get a brand spanking new phone ?
:D

Soldato
Moonpie2 said:
Do you think its possible I could ask nicely and end my current contract with them as long as I tell them I'll sign up for another 12 months and get a brand spanking new phone ?
:D
Sure - it is certainly possible for you to do the above....and ask them.
However I would say that you won't get anywhere and you won't get a new phone - 7 months is a long time from the end of the contract.
They have still got to make their money back on the phone you had at your last upgrade which you then sold.

I'd actually say this is poetic justice really.
The "cheap" upgrades are there because you've shown loyalty so they give you a nice cheap upgrade and make their money back over the next 12 months.
You get to keep your number, get a nice phone and they get some line rental and call charges out of you - win/win.
It isn't a system so that you can make a quick buck by getting the phone on the cheap and then selling it on at a profit (although I know many people do).

Man of Honour
In short, No.

You have had your upgrade, you chose to sell it. Now you want another one because your decision to try and make money by playing the system has come back and bitten you in the backside.

What possible benefit would it be to the company to allow you to break the new contract just because your gamble didn't pay off?

They may let you upgrade early by paying an upgrade fee to get a new phone, but that would most likely be it.

Soldato
OP
Its not like I was trying to scam the system or anything.
Its just bad luck.

I was given an upgrade but I still liked my old phone.
I decided to sell it because I really did need the cash, plus my current phone wasn't dodgy at the time. I never intended to take them for a ride :(

Still...... won't hurt to ask I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom