Old School benchmarking...

Wise Guy
Soldato
..Well I'm snowed in and very bored, so decided to fire up the old 9800pro and stretch it's legs a little :)

Been away from overclocking for the best part of 18months so had a lot of fun doing this.....

System specs:

S478 P4 Prescott 3ghz at a shade over 4ghz. (268x15)
Radeon 9800pro at 495/378
Watercooled with Radbox Mk2
Little River cascade CPU block
Pos Asetec GPU block (albeit modded internally, had 1/2" barbs fitted and lapped by myself)
Adata PC3200 RAM (2x256mb)

Managed to get the old 9800 onto the first page of the ORB for 9800pros on both 3Dmark03 and 05, so happy with that for a mornings tinkering about. downloading 3Dmark06 as I type, should be a laugh and VERY slow, lol.

3Dmark2005 3428

3Dmark2003 7622

Could probably get a bit higher with a fresh instal of windows and some other tweaks, but i have to much stuff on the PC that I can't afford to loose atm.

Might crank up the voltages on the 9800 and try to get a bit higher tonight if i'm not busy.

See, you don't need the latest and greatest hardware to have fun overclocking. :)

Wise Guy
Soldato
OP
iraiguana said:
nice one, always good to see the old stuff still going :p

Cheers, whats nuts though is if you go back about 2 years these scores would have been bloody good! Well not the 2006 or 2005 ones 'cos they wern't out then, lol.

Wise Guy
Soldato
OP
Ah well, I guess this was asking to much off the old girl.

It is with much sadness than i announce that on wednesday 1st march, 2006, Bertha (my long term PSU of choice, an enermax 464w jobbie) passed away, she went quickly and painlessly during getting her ass spanked running S&M stability test, leaving just a smokey brown streak up the wall next to where she was sat (from the PSU, not from me btw).

She will be sorely missed (until i get a replacement and get the PC running again)

Rest in peace Bertha, and may your Rails always stay strong, wherever you are.

(sniff) :(

Back
Top Bottom