CoolerMaster Praetorian 732

Soldato
The cooling is quite good, and the case is surprisingly easy to make quiet.

Its basically a updated ATCS 201 chasis with a side blowhole and front 120mm fans, so it cools very well.

If you replace the fans with ones of your own choice, this case could be very quiet, I have not replaced fans on the case though, so cannot do a exact recommendation but I imagine any fans at 5v/7v such as the 120mm ambers + 80mm zalmans should be nice and quiet with good cooling just by the mass of air being moved.

Soldato
OP
Inside will be:

AMD Opteron UP 175 Dual Core San Diego 2.2GHz 2MB Cache (Socket 939)
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 3200KS SATA-II 16MB Cache -
NEC ND4551 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer LabelFlash ReWriter (Black) - OEM
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940)
Enermax Liberty 500W ELT500AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR CAS2

Permabanned
ajgoodfellow said:
Depnding on your system requirements you might not need all of the fans

On my current system I only have one case fan at the back, an Akasa Amber 120mm @ 630rpm

What do you think you need all of the fans for then? Thats a very hot powerful system and I highly reccomend using the 2x80mm front fans. Volt them down, but definatly use them.

Keep the back exhaust fan and more importantly, keep the top exhaust fan.

Volt all the fans down.

Soldato
Noni its based on the old ATCS 201 case, it will need one for extraction, and depending on hard drives one intake.

Remember the case its based on can run passive with quite acceptable temperatures so ajgoodfellow is completely correct in what he said there, will be fine.

BUT

There are the fans, volt them down as noni says, and it will cool slightly better, with the same noise levels. However you could get away with one exhaust quite easily.

Soldato
OP
Right-o, I'm a little confused. :D I have it sat on my desk and am just about to order the rest of the gear. Do I add a 120 on the side door? Replace the IO panel at the top with a 80? Or leave it as it is? My room gets forking hot so I'm a little worried...

Soldato
I had the same problem and it had me baffled for about 15 minutes, ever since if they dont work I just switch them first.

My v1000 that I used to have had the problem, or more to the fact that both wires were the same colour, and there was no printing on the connector.

Lian Li offered a full exchange, but I declined it as it was such a trivial problem.

Glad it was that simple :)

Back
Top Bottom