SP2 Problems

Associate
I have just built a new computer and on my old one I had Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. I didn’t want to loose my data so I made a image of my hard drive and put it on my new hard drive (So it was just like I was before the new computer) SO I turn it on and it decided it doesn’t like SP2 I have been told that it is because it remembers my old hardware and now its in my new computer with all new hardware it wont let me do it. I have uninstalled it and it works fine with SP1 and I have tried reinstalling it and it just dose the same. The place where it stops and won’t load any more is at the "Welcome" screen. :(

Can anyone help me? I know I could format and clean install then download it but I don’t fancy loosing all my stuff.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Whitewater said:
Before you installed SP2 did you update the drivers for your new hardware to the current release? The problem may not be with SP2 alone but rather with old drivers not working with SP2.

I think I remember it saying something about a previous installation so I presumed its because of me changing all the hardware. I will try updating the drivers then re-install.

Back
Top Bottom