My motherboard won't restart. Grrrrr

Associate
I have just installed an Opty 146 as my Venice gave up and died after a massive overclock.

But my Mobo (Lanparty SLi-D) will only boot up once.

That is, if I try and restart my PC it wont boot back up again just hangs on a blank screen?

This is without an overclock, and even if I enter in to the CMOS to adjust the time and date, when I save and restart it restarts but wont post?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Well,

It only seems to not reboot once it's backed up the Bios so am guessing it's something wrong there.

I'll have to take it back to the shop I bought it from and exchange it, will they exchange ot or is there any way the can know it was oc'ed?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
nah tbh they'll probably accept it if there's no cosmetic damage, however it aint very moral to take it back cos you've overclocked the previous cpu and done something to the board.

Associate
sja360 said:
nah tbh they'll probably accept it if there's no cosmetic damage, however it aint very moral to take it back cos you've overclocked the previous cpu and done something to the board.

whats wrong with RMAing parts you overclock
most high end branded parts boast of how good they are at overclocking and is the reason they were bought

unless the motherboard manual says that your warranty is invalidated if you run over a certain fsb or overall clock speed then i cant see how its immoral to return it

its only immoral if you cause physical damage to it (forget to plug in a fan or watercooling leaks etc) or invalidate the warranty by doing something it tells you not to

Good luck with fixing it

Soldato
hhhhbk said:
whats wrong with RMAing parts you overclock
most high end branded parts boast of how good they are at overclocking and is the reason they were bought

unless the motherboard manual says that your warranty is invalidated if you run over a certain fsb or overall clock speed then i cant see how its immoral to return it

its only immoral if you cause physical damage to it (forget to plug in a fan or watercooling leaks etc) or invalidate the warranty by doing something it tells you not to

Good luck with fixing it
obviously difference of opinion on this :)

Associate
Not sure if its relevant but i had EXACTLY the same problem as u.

After spending money on 4 different mobo's, 2 PSU's and a new BIOS chip for my original board it turned out to be a duff AMD 64 3700+ San Diego that was causing the problem, even tho if i reset the CMOS it would POST and boot fine, and was perfectly stable running 3dMark06, Prime95 and sum seriously long Battlefield 2 Sessions.

Recently bought an Opty 146 and it solved the problem as soon as i plugged it in.

Back
Top Bottom