London Guidance Required!

Associate
A little bit of guidance required for good ole London!

Pickers and I are venturing up there late march for a few nights! One night we wanted to go see a show (We Will Rock You) and I figured another night of perhaps a really scrumptious, different meal and something to do after!

I've looked on Lastminute.com and they do fairly good deals for a show and one night at a hotel (though the tickets for the show state "best available seats" leaving me a tad dubious... don't really want to end up behind a pillar or anything). The price for us both is around £130 (not bad not bad)! Should I risk it? Are there better websites/deals out there where I can be more certain of seats?

As for restaurants... can anyone suggest anything a little different?! We love pretty much anything food wise - Indian, chinese, grills, fish etc etc, so we're not that fussy! :p

Plus, any suggestions for jazz bars or comedy clubs or evening fun (other than the theatre) would be fab! :D

Big ta very much so for all your help!

Caporegime
pheebs said:
What sort of budget are you looking at for restaurants?

I could recommend anything from £20 pp inc wine to £200.

Squaremeal, Zagat, Timeout all have good guides.

[Edit]

I would definitely get your grubbies on a copy of Timeout - bars, pubs, clubs, all of the above.

Soldato
Yeah, find another city..!! :p

Hmm.. Sorry, bitter as I had to work down in London for 6 months a few years back. I'm still healing from the scars it left me.. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I took my lady to a place called Joe Allen's which is between the strand and covent garden. It's quite well hidden behind a theatre and you head downstairs to get in there. We boht quite enjoyed it, it had a nice atmosphere and is apparently quite popular with the theatre crowd :)

http://www.joeallenrestaurant.com/london/jalonmenu.htm

And yes we will rock you is fantastic. Seen it at the theatre once and saw them performing twice at the Make-a-wish Ball. Seeing it again on Tuesday :D

Associate
OP
Budget for food ... I'm guessing around £60 including a bottle of wine?!

Heh, glad to hear the reports on We Will Rock You!! Any suggestions of where to buy good priced tickets (which show you your seats!)? :)

Soldato
Another shout here for the steaks at Gaucho Grill, went there a couple of times when I was in London on placement (to the one in the city off Gracechurch street). Got to be done!

Back
Top Bottom