DELETED_5350

Soldato
Stick with it.

I bought it because it's a legendary game and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

I found a decent server which is usually populated and has a good bunch of guys on it (clanpie.com), once you get up the learning curve you'll probably die a lot less and find the staying alive aspect quite fun. It's good to spec the good players to learn stuff anyway. Playing on maps with lots of players is sometimes annoying as it can take a long time for the round to end, especially if there's lots of campers :(

Associate
Why not try a deathmatch server if you don't like waiting till and end of a round before respawning:D
Try not to die so quickly and when you do die watch the Players at the top of the table to learn how they play. You can pick up quite a few good tips watching the good guys and it will help you to stay alive longer.
Playing in publics is often a free for all with hardly any team play so why not join a clan and play some PCW's. Playing clan wars is a completely different ball game and promotes teamplay if you want to be sucessfull;)

Stick with it you'll be addicted in no time once you've got some leet skillz lol.

Man of Honour
It's a love/hate game.

You need to find servers with the right setups that suit you, and the right level of skilled players that'll both help you play the game better, but also challenge you too.

10 minutes isn't right, it's more like 2 minutes at the most, though I've not played public for a long time, and I'm used to a max of about 1min time delay.

But use that freeze time effectively, follow players point of view, especially the higher scored players, see how they play. Learning the maps and each weapons advantages and disadvangages.

Also, it's CS:S, spray, get a headshot, you win. :p

Associate
8v8 is much better than 32v32 - although theres more action, there is less tactics and longer waits. Its a very social game when played right, its just public servers are full of chimps.

Associate
css, and cs for that matter is all about knowing the maps inside out, so you can judge where the opposing team is all the time, and counter that. stick with one map and learn it so you can run around it with your eyes shut.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
Not really, far more people out there that hate it than love it I think.

I hate it, but it's still the only online game I play.

I hate it, but again, i play it. God knows why, I hate dying. Lol. Some people are way too good at these sort of games.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
CS was brilliant, great fun to play, and thoroughly enjoyable.

This was 6 years ago though. Move on already people!

i do move on but there just is summin about cs or css that draws me back now and then that and QW but hey I love my FP's :)

Associate
smoove said:
I bought CS source and I've been playing it over about 2 weeks now and I just dont get why people love it so much?

I start of, get killed and then have to wait about 10 flipping minutes before I can play again, the dam waiting does my head in. Im new to the game, so all I want todo is play, not spend 10minutes watching someone camping. Or am I missing the point?

It gets MUCH better when you start to not suck as much :p Honest!

It's more about tactics then simply rushing forward and turning round corners without looking or not camping correctly, hence allowing for easy headshots etc...It really helps to know about the maps too. I've learned so much from watching others play while I'm dead because you start to learn where the obvious camping points are and where to flash and smoke.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd have to say it gets better over time. I only played it because i was dragged into the thing back at college. Must have played for about 4 1/2 years now (joined in CS1.0) and made that transition to source recently. But yea, when you start to play good and die less, it becomes a real addiction. Must average at least 6-8 hours a day when i do start playing it. :/ You can always praccy in CS Deathmatch though ^^

Associate
I enjoy it more and more now I am getting reasonably good at not dying :p, definitely need to know the maps to know where people will come from and best choke points to get them at though. Dust 2 is quite a good map to learn as its v popular on publics (so will be played on most servers a lot) but also because its a reasonably open map to run around on, there are numerous ways you can go and hence survive longer, not get caught at the one or two bottlenecks that other maps have (eg dust)

Back
Top Bottom