• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DVD player into graphics card question

Associate
HI I have a DVD player with video out options:

scart, video composite and s-video connection

I want to connect this to my graphics card (XFX 7800GT)

that came with these cables....

04_cables.jpg

Any ideas what I do software wise? when i connect S-video out on the DVD player to S-Video in on the graphics card?

Thanks
Townlea

Soldato
Out of curiosity may I ask why you want to do this? The picture will be far worse than from playing the DVD on your computer. Don't eat me, just a question.

Associate
OP
PinkPig said:
Out of curiosity may I ask why you want to do this? The picture will be far worse than from playing the DVD on your computer. Don't eat me, just a question.

I wish I could my friend BUT! when ever I start installing games it doesn't allow me to play them through any dvd software.

I want to know how to do this for my xbox 360 aswell :)

Soldato
Townlea said:
I wish I could my friend BUT! when ever I start installing games it doesn't allow me to play them through any dvd software.

I want to know how to do this for my xbox 360 aswell :)

I wish i knew what that meant. A 360 will plug directly into a onitor with a vga cable and it will look a lot better than if you run it through the gfx card.

As for dvds do you not have a dvd drive ?

Associate
OP
JaFFa said:
As for dvds do you not have a dvd drive ?

As I have previously said no DVD software plays DVDs when I instal games.. this seems the only way.

All I want to know is how to do it :)

Thanks for the 360 tip anyway ;)

EDIT: I don't know why it wont let me play DVDs It just comes up with errors. Reinstalled XP ... works fine... instal games ... doesn't play DVDs anymore.. weird :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
fornowagain said:
Some games install Starforce encryption. It is the spawn of Satan, causes no end of problems.

Evil evil evil

Hi, I found the starforce drivers as it shows... used the utility and it still doesn't play DVDs... I checked to see if the drivers had been removed and they have....

This is the error that appears:

The DVD cannot be played. Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed.

EDIT: Just had a search around and found out what to do .. problem sorted plus I can play my PS2 slimline on my PC now... just downloaded the 7 series VIVO drivers.

Thanks for all your help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom