• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What step-up from a 9800 Pro?

Associate
I have a 9800 Pro that is artifacting quite badly when I watch divx videos.

I am thinking it needs replacing, but I can't afford to spend more than £100 (less is better).

I'm sure things have moved on since this.

What should I be looking for?

It needs to be AGP, and I need a DVI and a VGA (???) out.

Thanks,

Chris

Caporegime
Is it just DIVX video? try disabling hardware acceleration i've heard ati are a bit buggy with that enabled, it might not be a faulty card at all.

Soldato
evapor8 said:
Is that a bios thing, or something I could switch off in the Catalyst Control Centre?

Chris

It should be in the media players options, just a setting to turn hardware acceleration off.

Soldato
£50 over your budget would bag you an X800/X850 off the MM, cracking card, and the best I can recommend unless you're willing to over-stretch to the 7800GS, which i'm going to guess you're not :)

Associate
iif it just while watching divx videos i would recomend changing the drivers and your divx codec - i use the free divx player from divx.com i get all wierd colours in media player

Back
Top Bottom