ATCs 201b-SX1 refinements (Super Sparkly)

Associate
Due to a few requests here is some detail and some pictures of the small refinements i have made to my currently in use Cooler Master 201.

Firstly the front of the case with 2 X pioneer 109xlc limited edition brushed Alu bezel and the Lian Li TR3 temp/fan monitor. At some point i would like to attempt swapping the green LEDS on the optical drives for Blue ones.

front3bz.jpg

IO front Assembly, Originally the 201s came with only 2 x USB ports, a bit lacking in today uses, so i replaced with the assembly from a Praetorian which as you can see has the very useful fire wire port and also audio ports (damn i had to buy a whole praetorian to get that assembly!)

usb5az.jpg

The fans originally supplied with the 201 were YS Tech fan, which were pretty good in both air shifting and noise levels, however they are plain black and not very sexy looking, so the top and rear exhusts were replaced with "super sparkly" Evercool Aluminium fans in conjunction with Vantec Vibration dampners to stop any resonating.

rearfan0ex.jpg

topfan1wp.jpg

Associate
OP
The Hard drives (2) were suspended in the two spare 5.25" bays using 3mm shock cord (in black so it's descrete) again to help prevent any possible resonating:
Front behind the bay blanking plates:

fronthddclose3dh.jpg

The hard drives were turned around as well to help with cable tidying:

insidehdd4le.jpg

I have used a flat IDE cable for the hard drives and a rounded AC Ryan 2-FX cable for the optical drives - i am yet to decide which is the best method, although black is the preferred colour as it's more descrete.

I have tried to hide as many of the wires as opssible behind the mother board tray and the hard drive cages:

cm201sx10166bk.jpg

Finally a night shot, As you may be able to see i have changed the standard green and orange power/hdd LEDs for blue ones as well as changing the front fans to akasa blue LED ones - these however are not the quietest and will at some point be changed (possibly to acoustifans as i have some about). Note there are no cathodes in the case athough this is something i am considering:

cm201sx10279de.jpg

Please try and make this a constructive thread!

Last edited:

sid

sid

Soldato
I would have posted pics in your other thread haribo but im not gonna post here to spoil your parade.

BTW What LCD screen have you got on there?

I have an excatly similar setup really tbh

sid

Soldato
You usually pick cases like the Prae and 201's up of people, new there really are not any 200 style ones around anymore.

Removing the Lian Li badege may ruin the TR3-a, when the screen is lit you really cant see the logo easily anyhow.

The only issue I can see with the little mods, is with the hard drives; they must get pretty toasty in there without any airflow?

Associate
OP
sid said:
I would have posted pics in your other thread haribo but im not gonna post here to spoil your parade.

BTW What LCD screen have you got on there?

I have an excatly similar setup really tbh

sid

Please do post here it's not my personal parade, just cooler master old skool parade lol - So please get snapping and post your pics!

The screen is a Lian li TR3 i think i did put it in the original thread - can be purchased from overclockers: TR3

As you know Yewen i'm not a gamer, so nothing too taxing goes on with the system but i'll have a look at the HDD temp later on when hubby is playing FM

Soldato
sid said:
sid

sid I asked for that thread to be closed, it was getting in bad taste so she could not post in it, entirely my fault.

sid

sid

Soldato
Well Heres all the pics i can find

[img=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9352/dscf13120mm.th.jpg]

[img=http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1341/dscf16282ar.th.jpg]

[img=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/341/atcslight7hp.th.jpg]

[img=http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/5245/dscf07250ni.th.jpg]

I guess i am lucky to use those cases, lol

I had to remove the watercooled 101 in the end, Now its just a spare pc , The WC leaked and needed too much maintainence

sid

Edit 1 / Ok mines a proper LCD screen. Its not a temperature sensor like yours

Associate
OP
sid said:
Well Heres all the pics i can find

I guess i am lucky to use those cases, lol

I had to remove the watercooled 101 in the end, Now its just a spare pc , The WC leaked and needed too much maintainence

sid

Edit 1 / Ok mines a proper LCD screen. Its not a temperature sensor like yours

WOW, nice collection as well, all different!

Loving the 101 - whats the blue at the bottom just flashness or a purpose?
If ever you need more space :)

Did you mod the floppy bezels and MO yourself?

Associate
OP
Yewen said:
The only issue I can see with the little mods, is with the hard drives; they must get pretty toasty in there without any airflow?

Ok repeating the fact that i don't game i can report that the HDD temp on switching on was 26C after being on for 4 hours and playing FM for approx 2.5 hours the temp is sitting stable at 28C (case temp is 24C)

sid

sid

Soldato
Harib0 said:
WOW, nice collection as well, all different!

Loving the 101 - whats the blue at the bottom just flashness or a purpose?
If ever you need more space :)

Did you mod the floppy bezels and MO yourself?

The blue at the bottom is the led laser lights thingies to light up the water. Worked like a charm cos i couldnt colour the water unfortunately.

Yes the floppy bezels were painfully cut by using a hacksaw. Its not very elegant but i havent given a close up shot there. Needed a dremel ideally.

It's not a MO, its one of them £20 cheapo parallel LCD screens you get. Works and looks fine to me :p

sid

Edit/ I just noticed your a female?? How old are you to be playing with CM cases? Seems very strange hobby for a girl to say the least :cool:

Associate
OP
sid said:
Yes the floppy bezels were painfully cut by using a hacksaw. Its not very elegant but i havent given a close up shot there. Needed a dremel ideally.

It's not a MO, its one of them £20 cheapo parallel LCD screens you get. Works and looks fine to me :p

Looks a pretty good job to me! and you wouldn;t know it wasn't a MO

sid said:
Edit/ I just noticed your a female?? How old are you to be playing with CM cases? Seems very strange hobby for a girl to say the least :cool:

Yes your right i am female;) you know you should never ask a lady her age!
Should i start flower aranging instead??? lol

sid

sid

Soldato
Harib0 said:
Looks a pretty good job to me! and you wouldn;t know it wasn't a MO

Yes your right i am female;) you know you should never ask a lady her age!
Should i start flower aranging instead??? lol

Only kidding :p You wanna hook up ? :p:p ;)

Back
Top Bottom