new wipers needed but what manufacturer to go for?

Soldato
Valeo if you can get them for your car. I've had a set for nearly a year and they are still working great with no smear. I've tried Bosch super plus wipers and they were very silent but they only lasted a few weeks before they started smearing.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
PIAA ones smear tho , they have that silly coating you have to put on your windscreen :(

Ford ones for me , nice and cheap and have a little thing telling me when to change them

Sam

Soldato
Bosch ones are odd. Fantastic at first, then they just smear, then they go alrightish again..

PIAA ones cost as much as your car, but do come with some Rain-X type stuff..

Soldato
OP
Sam said:
PIAA ones smear tho , they have that silly coating you have to put on your windscreen :(

Ford ones for me , nice and cheap and have a little thing telling me when to change them

Sam

i read up on these PIAA wipers - theyre made out of silicone which when installed for the first time should be used dry for about 5 minutes so it coats the windscreen with silicone too... you have to repeat this procecss every few months to make sure the windscreen is constantly coated! :eek: sounds like high maintenence and id probably be liable to forget!

essentially i need something that does a good job and it appears the consensus say Bosch? need to do this tomorrow i think, the car goes in for its service soon and id rather not give Honda the opportunity to rip me off :p

Soldato
I'm running Bosch ones from Halfords, had them on since I got the car in July 2005 and no problems whatsoever.

Not sure why some people have had problems..a bad batch maybe.

Soldato
I can't believe you people are discussing wiper blades!

It makes sense, of course, because lots of wipers are awful - I just never thought I'd see a discussion on it, I never thought about it before!

I'll bear it in mind though if I ever decide to try and drive one of those car things.

Back
Top Bottom