Best, cheapest fan controller

Soldato
Hi,

My motherboard CPU fan control is really, really, really annoying. Around 40C the fan goes up and down up and down all the time. I have tried with fan control off, but with it off when the CPU heat rises the fan gets higher and higher and higher, makes a horrible noise and won't go back down even if the temps go back down.

I have also tried on Auto, PWM & Voltage - Auto - the fan goes uuuuuuuuuuuppp dddddddddoooooooooownnnnnnnnnn all the time, same with voltage, PWM is the least annoying but it's still very annoying.

Anyway, I'm thinking a fan controller would help this?

So I'm looking for cheapest possible, but good fan controller please.

Thanks
Craig.

Soldato
Hye if its solely the cpu fan you want adjustment on this might be pretty, usefull, the Zalman Fanmate would do what you want.

If you want something with a bit more 2 it, eg one in a 5.25 bay I would highly recomend the Akasa AK FC-03, I can highly recomend this one, have one myself. The 3fan ones below for floppy drive slots looks pretty decent aswell, but I havent used one of those before.

Soldato
OP
Nice, does this auto control itself? Or is it a manual one? 'cause it looks like it goes right inside the PC to me.

Edit:
Ohh, I see now, it comes out of the back of the PC and sticks onto the side of the PC. Might get that, looks pretty good :)

I suppose I could stick it where it's easily accessible and get into the habit of turning it up e.g. 1/3 of the way when I'm multi tasking and e.g. all the way up ingame ;)

Also, I'm guessing when I put this in my PC I just turn off "smart" fan? (haha smart is a joke on this motherboard :p)

Craig.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom