• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Buliding a system - need a graphics card

Associate
Hello all.
Building a system for my sis-in-law. Mostly going to be used for uni type stuff but would like the option to watch a few DVDs too. Not going to be a gaming rig but might want to play the odd game - not a BF2 fanatic or anything like that.
Have recycled a few parts i habe lying around. Spec so far...
Venice 3200+
Neo 2 platinum
1gb geil value
80gb Seagate SATA II
Antec PSU
Pioneer DVDRW

Just stuck on the graphics card. Eye is automatically drawn to the high end stuff and don't know enough about all the value cards. Budget is limited. Probably around the £30 mark.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Soldato
For AGP either 2nd hand or for a new card, this is closest to price for decent card..

HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon 9550 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (R9550-TDW128-C) (GX-009-HT) £39.89*Including VAT

Permabanned
I would have thought you would be bringing down a failry Ok'ish rig with only £30 worth of graphics. Bump your budget up to at least £50 as the others have said and try and pick up a second hand 9800pro or 6600

Back
Top Bottom