Undecided about X-FI

Soldato
To anyone whos undecided about buying an X-fi sound card. Stop thinking about and do it. I wasnt sure if it would be worth it as my audigy 2 Zs seemed really good but this thing is amazing. Im very pleased with it and i just wanted to pass the info on.
Scott

Soldato
oh yea worth it !!
i only paid 51 quid for mine... but id deffo pay the 120 or what ever it is for it !!
awsome cards.
:'( just want to try it with medusas :'(
that crystalizer thing rocks !
was a nightmare to set up though because of that hedphone detection speaker mute thing !!!!!!!
Rick

Soldato
Just got mine yesterday after upgrading from a Audigy 2Zs.I was worried that i'd just wasted money for a small upgrade,how wrong could i be...... I'm amazed at the sound quality,never heard anything like it.
Quake 4 sounds fantastic,as do DVD's & music,i could go on all day about this card.
Even if you have cheap speakers,this will make you think you had just bought new ones as well :p Using it with a good set of headphones is just awesome.
It really has to be heard to be believed,words just can't describe :eek:

Awesome,if your thinking of upgrading to an X-Fi,you won't be disappointed :D

Rob

Last edited:
Soldato
Sound quality is awesome, but im selling mine due to crappy drivers and non-existent linux support (wont be getting drvs any time soon!). When I bought it this didnt matter to me, but now it does :(

Soldato
I don't mean to bash X-Fi guys but I don't think its worth the hype. For gaming it might be a suprerior card, yet a lot of people are upgrading from Audigies (which were contentious anyway) and if you want straight sound quality you might be better off going M-Audio...

Associate
cleanbluesky said:
I don't mean to bash X-Fi guys but I don't think its worth the hype. For gaming it might be a suprerior card, yet a lot of people are upgrading from Audigies (which were contentious anyway) and if you want straight sound quality you might be better off going M-Audio...

it's a valid point, but the card is clearly aimed at the gamer, no matter how Creative market it as an all-round entertainment solution. The hype comes from gamers themselves, and the card does deserve the hype in that respect.

The geninue audiophiles out there will never consider this card for their music needs, the same way a graphic artist will never use an ATI/nVidia gfx card because it supports shadermodel 3.0

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:

But, if you want it for music, games and movies (like me) it's fabulous - it just does everything really well. Sure, if you wanted a card for a particular job then you should pick and choose according to the appropriate strengths and weaknesses of all the cards out there. But for a solid all-rounder X-Fi is the way to go, IMO.

Soldato
malccy said:
Is the basic Xi-Fi music good enough or should I put some more money towards it to buy the next model up?

IMO : no
i think the elite and fatality models are frankly just for willy wavers. and the 64MB xram isnt fully used in games yet ( i think theres a patch for quake 4) but just a gimmick IMO ( the premium and extreme have 2MB of it anyway )
unless yuo have a need for the front pannel id say the extreme music edition is just what you need. the cards are all the same with the except some have the 64Mb, and some have the 2Mb

Soldato
OP
R B CUSTOMS said:
IMO : no
i think the elite and fatality models are frankly just for willy wavers. and the 64MB xram isnt fully used in games yet ( i think theres a patch for quake 4) but just a gimmick IMO ( the premium and extreme have 2MB of it anyway )
unless yuo have a need for the front pannel id say the extreme music edition is just what you need. the cards are all the same with the except some have the 64Mb, and some have the 2Mb

Thats a bit harsh! I wanted the front panel so I had to buy the Fatality. Different users want different things from the card. To suggest people are spending 3 times as much just for a bigger e penis is wrong. But saying that im not a big believer in the ram either

Back
Top Bottom