• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

dual core Intel have now become very affordable!

Associate
Pentium d805 90mn process 2x1mb cache 2.67ghz, 533mhz fsb and retail boxed with 3 years warranty are now on sale for £95inc vat. Pretty good price for a cpu that clocks upto 3.8-4.0ghz on stock cooling. Looks like this may tempt a few clockers back over to the dark side.

If I didn't have a skt 754 amd 3000+ that o/c to 2.7ghz I would be in the market for one of these.

Rob H

Mul

Mul

Associate
that indeed is very tempting with that price tag. May consider one for my server. Now all I need is a a Dual Core Ready mATX board under £60 :confused:

Mul

Last edited:
Caporegime
Super Tigers said:
Pretty good price for a cpu that clocks upto 3.8-4.0ghz on stock cooling. Looks like this may tempt a few clockers back over to the dark side.

These are the 90nm P4 D version so will not clock the same as the 65nm 900 series.

So I doubt they will clock as good.

Mul

Mul

Associate
From reviews they are hitting about 3.7Ghz, which for a £90 dual core chip, I don't think thats bad at all.

Mul

Caporegime
Mul said:
that indeed is very tempting with that price tag. May consider one for my server. Now all I need is a a Dual Core Ready mATX board under £60 :confused:

Mul

Asrock 775TWINS-HDTV skt 775 ATI Radeon Express 200 1066FSB X300 VGA PCI-E SATA RAID +LAN +USB2.0 +8 ch. audio micro ATX can be had for £45

:)

Soldato
easyrider said:
Asrock 775TWINS-HDTV skt 775 ATI Radeon Express 200 1066FSB X300 VGA PCI-E SATA RAID +LAN +USB2.0 +8 ch. audio micro ATX can be had for £45

:)

how does it clock though? Cos this just became damned tempting :/

Caporegime
Raikiri said:
how does it clock though? Cos this just became damned tempting :/

just been reading a review and the overclocking options are not outstanding but where given 7/10.

I think to get the best from the chip a better overclocking mobo might be in order.

Associate
I have had that Asrock mobo and it has good and bad points, good points being able to take ddr + ddr2 and also having component out, it also runs most of the intel chips.

Bad points being when they say limited overclocking they mean no voltage options for the cpu :( , still took my 3ghz Celeron D to 4.1ghz though, but if that dual core wants some volts it wont get them from that asrock board, I sent it back and swapped it for a AA8XE.

Mul

Mul

Associate
so the board is capable of cranking up the FSB without instability but it is just Vcore which is restricting? I shouldn't think anyone would be cranking vcore up much (i.e. More than 1.5-1.55) with the P-d anyway unless on watercooling or higher?

Mul

Back
Top Bottom