A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
l33t_p3t3 said:
Anyone on here use a PS2 pad when flying helis & planes?
I gave it a try the other day but wasn't any more successful than with Keyboard & mouse. Prob need to have a play with the sensitivity etc.

I use a joystick, takes some getting used to but after you get the feeling of it, its great.
You get to manoover the plane more freely etc so I use that over the keybord/mouse.
I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find flying choppers with keyboard and mouse much easier and planes infact but now with more determined AA I think I'll have to retrain myself to use the a joystick for planes (sticking with keyboard for choppers).

Soldato
Considering that staying in staying in one place (i.e. hovering) isn't a good idea what I do is just fly as fast as I can to where I want to land and when I'm close to it I suddenly pull the nose up and just press S. Doesn't matter how hard you land, as long as you land on the wheels there will be no damage to your chopper. Then just happily fly away and pick up the next batch of troops.

Soldato
line yourself up with the helipad and hold your key that take the plane down, just as you come to the pad point the heli slightly upwards to slow it down or stop if needed, then hover over/land on the pad to get repaired/rearmed.

thats how i do it.

Associate
Having a problem connecting to BF2...

Both BF2 and SF won't start up when I try to log in from the game start... it's fine though if I start a game by selecting a server from Gamespy.

Is there anything I can trash to see if it'll 'reset' itself and magically sort this out? :)

B&W

B&W

Soldato
ive pressed print screen a few times now ingame and i dont think its taking any screenshots.

i checked in the my documents\battlefield 2 directory and the main bf2 dir and no screenies whatsoever

Associate
The way I've been taking Screenshots is to press printscreen like normal but copy and paste them into MS Paint.

The only downsides are that you can only take one screenie and I often forget to save them after I've finished playing! :o

Soldato
I haven't been playing much recently but today the sound seemed to be skipping at times which has never happened before but I have been messing around with some defrag software so I'm thinking that could have done something but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had the same problem before I reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom