PC No longer See's My W800i

Associate
Howdy. I while back I bought a card reader for my PC as my phone was currupting the memory card. This worked fine for a couple of months until the card reader would no longer register my Memory Stick being inserted. So I thought fine I'll bite the bullet and flash my w800i to fix the currption problem. All went well (well no error messages so i suppose it worked!) however since flashing the phone my pc can not find it when I attach the usb cable.

I've uninstalled the SE software and reinstalled it but still it won't find my phone. I know the cable is working as the phone still charges through it when attached. Any ideas as I can't change anything on my memory card and I really need some new music!

Man of Honour
The SE software can be a pain in the backside, it's very picky about installation order etc.

Try removing the software then unplug the cradle/cable. Then install the SE software. Once it's installed then plug in the cradle/cable and watch as it picks everything up again and try it from there.

If you uninstall/reinstall the software with the cradle/cable plugged in it pretty much never works.

Associate
Different USB port?

I also seem to be re-installing software, as more often then not, the "windows has found new hardware" thing pops up when I connect my phone.

Back
Top Bottom