1UP Show: Season 2 Episode 5

Soldato
Well, i just watched the latest episode of the 1up Show......It was pretty good, mainly all PSP stuff reviewed this week.....

But the big talking point is Che is leaving 1up......WTF......Che and Milky make up that show man, Milky being a more secondary character to the show but he's still funny :D

Not cool :(

Linkage To Episode 5

Soldato
OP
Peve said:
I know i really liked that guy cant beleve he is leaving :( I wonder what he is moving on to do?

According to Jane's Blog page, Che is leaving to work on a game......Che has said he'll explain with who and what he's leaving to go work on after next weeks show :(

Soldato
OP
Well The 1UP Show: Season 2 - Episode 6 is up and it seems that Che is leaving to work for Microsoft and to start making a 360 game......

Milky better not leave now.....He's the only fun one left :D

Soldato
Wonder what game making credentials he has to be signed up by M$?

Cos being a games journalist doesnt mean you can make games.

But yeah the show wont be the same without him :( some of the people they have on it are right hyperactive idiots! Ryan O'Donnell & Milky (though he aint on it very often) are sound though.

Could a show like this work on TV I wonder? cos its the casual style they have reviewing the games which I find refreshing just stood about like we would do chewing the fat about Age of Empires or something, though it seems no TV exec in Britain thinks an adult games show would be much good (and I dont mean *** like thumb bandits either!) whereas I think placed in the right timeslot one could become cult viewing.

Associate
Put the 1UP show on the BBC or any other station for that matter and i guarantee <-- spelling it will be dead in a month, soon as some a-hole tv director gets a hold of it it will be butchered to something it was never meant to be...

Leave it pure, it works

Last edited:
Soldato
Elrein said:
Put the 1UP show on the BBC or any other station for that matter and i guarantee <-- spelling it will be dead in a month, soon as some a-hole tv director gets a hold of it it will be butchered to something it was never meant to be...

Leave it pure, it works
Yeah youre right especially if they did the casting of the presenters! they would get some gangsta wannabees like those idiots they had on gamesville.

Tbh with the invention of the net and podcasting and stuff no TV show (especially UK) would have the up to date stuff the 1up show has anyway.

Che said at one point in the episode he wasnt going to work for Bungie so no it aint halo he's working on.

Soldato
The first Che-less episode is up.

Some cracking games looked at this week, Battlefield 360, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Okami & tourist trophy (complete with Milky doing a bit of motorbike riding :D)

Metroid looks quality for a DS game and with the wi-fi as well is on my order list.

Though the one to look out for from this show is Okami, the graphical look of this game is incredible! especially for the PS2. Cant say i'd ever heard of it before this show :o

Dont really like GT so GT on bikes like tourist trophy is meant to be doesnt really appeal. It does look pretty good graphically though.

Soldato
Is TT an exclusive PS2 title? I lived in the isle of man for 5 years and would love a decent sim based game if the scenery is properly done. Something with the level of detail shown in PGR3 on the 360 would be amazing for me!

Soldato
OP
Yeah watched it late lastnight......

By far the best game they showed was John Woo's - Stranglehold on 360 and PS3.......Looks absolutely stunning, like Max Payne on steroids if you ask me.....The damage you can do to the levels is incredible :eek:

Still not sure about BF2 on 360, it looks excellent but i have GRAW on the way and have BF2 on PC anyway......The single player mode and "hotspot" feature looks cool though :cool:

Tourist Trophy looked ok i guess (not my thing) , the sounds of the bikes sounded weak though :D

Soldato
Sagalout said:
Is TT an exclusive PS2 title? I lived in the isle of man for 5 years and would love a decent sim based game if the scenery is properly done. Something with the level of detail shown in PGR3 on the 360 would be amazing for me!
Its made by polyphony digital same guys as Gran Turismo (i.e. sony) so yeah PS2 exclusive, expect a PS3 version will come out at some point.

Though the time it takes them to knock out GT each iteration expect it in about 2010!

Soldato
KennyBhoy said:
By far the best game they showed was John Woo's - Stranglehold on 360 and PS3.......Looks absolutely stunning, like Max Payne on steroids if you ask me.....The damage you can do to the levels is incredible :eek:
Forgot to mention that! Was that actual PS3 footage (a first for me if it was) or was it the 360?

If that was all ingame (which it sure looked like) then that games gonna be incredible :eek: Chow Yun Fat actually looked like him!

Associate
The levels where it was snowing on BF2 and the chunky sound of the gun sold me. Cant wait for that. I like how its more 'arcade' like they put it. I do wonder sometimes in BF2 on PC if my bullets are actually hitting their target sometimes.

Okami looks fantastic as does metroid.. Now all i need is to replace this Ds with a lite.

Soldato
Bump this up again to discuss this weeks episode.

One last bit of Che action as he and Ryan review GRAW :) plus Oblivion, Untold Legends 2 and a megaman game on PSP.

Plus a nice little feature on the DS Lite launch in Japan with 1up having people on the streets on launch night to catch the hysteria!!

Wish nintendo could pump the flippin things out a bit quicker though god knows when my Navy ones gonna show up.

Also does anyone else download the audio podcast? It's also an enjoyable listen with less bumff & more games chatter than the 1up show itself. Complements the other podcast well as they dont really cover the same stuff.

Back
Top Bottom