Anyone else got Resident Evil DS?

Associate
Anyone else bought it yet? I did on a whim and its pap :p

i could only bring myself to enter two rooms and it does not suit the machine at all, the screen is too small and it looks like PS1 graphics. They haven't put much of an effort in imo.

Whoop

Soldato
Whoop said:
Anyone else bought it yet? I did on a whim and its pap :p

i could only bring myself to enter two rooms and it does not suit the machine at all, the screen is too small and it looks like PS1 graphics. They haven't put much of an effort in imo.

Whoop

What did you expect the graphics to look like on a DS ? Its capable of producing graphics similar to an N64 which in turn was fairly similar to a Playstation. Quite a feet to produce such visuals on a little handheld.

Man of Honour
I'm really tempted to buy it as I never got very fsr on the original Resi game.

Edit: Is it even out in the UK yet?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I bought it for £29.99 from a local shop that imports games. PSone graphics on a handheld would be impressive... except I have approx 25 NDS games and this looks almost up to the graphical level of a launch title :p

I'm gonna give it a real try with headphones once I finish my current game but so far the quality is terrible. I am also awaiting my DS Lite so maybe the screen quality will improve it a tiny bit.

Whoop :)

Soldato
Yeah i know the GC version of RE4 is the best but someone gave me the PS2 version as a present so i didn't see the point in shelling out for the GC version. But yeah if i had the choice i would go for the GC version but either would be better than RE on the DS :)

Soldato
I don't a port of an old RE game is really suits the DS at all. It would have been much more at home on the PSP. I suppose the loading times could have potentially crippled it though.

Soldato
It is what it is tbh and thats pretty much a straight port of RE1 off the PS1 warts and all.

Ok its archaic compaired to the RE1 remake on GC or RE4 but its still decient enough to wile away a bit of time and hell the mansion is a cool setting for a game :)

You do wonder how RE managed to become so popular though with the god awful turn walk turn walk control mechanism, it really is super clunky.

Soldato
I use to have a cube with res evil 4 and it was awesome. Possibly one of the best gaming experiences you can have. I haven't seen the PS2 version running but even with a lower poly count wouldn't it look better running at hi-def widescreen than the cube version?

Back
Top Bottom