• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Major corruption in FarCry on X1900XT?

Soldato
Just reinstalling all my games and everything has been cool so far, but I'm getting horrendous corruption as soon as I look outside on the first part of Far Cry.

Running Cat 6.2, Far Cry v 1.32 with the AMD64 upgrades and Exclusive content. Everything set to MAX

Tried running at stock, turning adaptive AA off - nothing seems to help?

It's a similar effect to corruption cause by too much overclock - MASSIVE spikes of colour smearing across portions of the screen.

Mul

Mul

Associate
I had a similar problem with FarCry 1.33 with my X800, at any clock speeds. Like you it only occured in far cry. I updated to the latest drivers at the time and the problem was solved.

Mul

Associate
What does mother nature 3Dmark 03 (for example) run like on your setup? - as this seems to resemble Farcry somewhat in GFX... Just a thought.

Edit: just cranked up Far Cry (1.3) for the first time since on Cat 6.2 - and plays/looks fine. Am playing on X850XT mind..

Last edited:
Soldato
Jimbo Mahoney said:
Yup.

I have to run with lighting set to low, but everything else set to MAX

:confused:
I had to live with it until i some drivers came out that worked fine. All drivers since then are fine.

Maybe you'll have to wait for newer drivers to be released that fixes it on your card seeing as the X1900XT is new.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Man from reading a few threads have some of you 1900 owners had really that much trouble with white screens etc?

Made me rethink in getting a ati card :( or is this a minority who had problem? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Kyo said:
Man from reading a few threads have some of you 1900 owners had really that much trouble with white screens etc?

Made me rethink in getting a ati card :( or is this a minority who had problem? :confused:

White screen was just in one of the HDR tests in 3DMark when the sliders are set to performance.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Jimbo Mahoney said:
White screen was just in one of the HDR tests in 3DMark when the sliders are set to performance.

From what i read it wasn't. Few folk have had white screens in flight sims and one guy had it in windows. It can be fixed by the .net but i also read from some owners that it still did it occasionally :eek:

Back
Top Bottom