Mic

Mic

Soldato
What car was it.
What exactly happens now, dies the guy go to jail, do you sue him?
What do you do now regards costs?

Glad to hear she is okay though

Man of Honour
OP
Corsa twinport, 600 miles on the clock. I don't have a clue what's happening with regards to money etc, was too worried about my mum to think about those things.

Soldato
Jesus christ :( So sorry to see that mate :(

tbh, I doubt you'll get anything from the other guy. He won't get done for having no insurance, and most likely, will get a slap on the wrist for being drunk.

I'm not going to say what I would do if I was in your shoes, but let's just say... this fool nearly killed my mum and I wouldn't hold back on him.

Hope she recovers quickly :)

Man of Honour
OP
I live 2 hours away from home so it's not like I could track him down at all even if I felt like being a keyboard warrior.

Permabanned
I didn't recognise the car either, glad your Mom is OK, her injuries will heal so be thankful for that, and don't dwell on what might of been. :)

On a lighter note, why is there a rubix cube in the engine bay? :p

Soldato
get the insurance company to do the usual financial checks on the guy and then commence proceedings post-haste.

there may be a change that he has money etc worst case scinario is he has a CCJ nect to his name to show for his noobyness lol

Soldato
I didnt even know what car it was :(

I hope your mum makes a fully and quick recovery mate..

as said although its the last thing you want to think about... id get onto the money issue asap.. as paying for a spanking corsa that aint there.. isnt going to be good :(

The same happened to my ex's mum yrs ago.. was a astra.. some woman who had been drinking who didnt even have a licence did the same.. head on.. the shocking bit... the woman had her 3 young kids in the car who had no belts on etc.. somehow everyone walked away from it ok...

Soldato
Your Mum will recieve a payout from the MIB, it doesn't make any difference the other driver was uninsured for practical purposes.

http://www.mib.org.uk/MIB/en/Claims/UK/Uninsured/Default.htm

MIB was established in 1946 as a private company limited by guarantee for the purpose of entering into agreements with the Government to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists.
Every insurer underwriting compulsory motor insurance is obliged, by virtue of the Road Traffic Act 1988, to be a member of MIB and to contribute to its funding.

Man of Honour
OP
Muncher said:
Your Mum will recieve a payout from the MIB, it doesn't make any difference the other driver was uninsured for practical purposes.

http://www.mib.org.uk/MIB/en/Claims/UK/Uninsured/Default.htm

MIB was established in 1946 as a private company limited by guarantee for the purpose of entering into agreements with the Government to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists.
Every insurer underwriting compulsory motor insurance is obliged, by virtue of the Road Traffic Act 1988, to be a member of MIB and to contribute to its funding.

Thanks a LOT! I'll look into this asap. The car was bought outright so there is no finances to pay but that amount of money being poured down the drain would NOT have been funny.

Permabanned
Make sure your mother bangs on to the police about sueing him and making sure he gets done etc etc. I think this would push even me to the point where its not just keyboard warrioring if i knew where the guy lived.

Soldato
Holy ****!

That must have hurt some what! Hope your mum gets better!!

Hey, Geiger, who is that bird on the left in your sig? My god she is super-sexy! :droool: :p

Back
Top Bottom