Metastasis Part 2 is out!! (HL2 Mod)

Associate

The MINERVA modification has just released their second map, which is named Metastasis 2. It is the successor of Matastasis one, but it also illuminates and expands several areas of the first part. Below you can see 2 screenshots of this map. Grab it here....

http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/index.shtml

the direct ftp download is upto 350kps!!!

its free so what you got to lose!

Associate
OP
some screenies for you guys!

just been through it, took 3 hours ish, and was very entertaining, love the lighting, music and atmosphere towards the end when you go inside, hats off to the creator it must have taken ages by himself.

Last edited:
Associate
You need to turn the power on, then go to the upper level and press the button a few times. This swings the iron backwards then back into the door a few times. At which point it smashes.

Soldato
Good stuff, I really enjoyed the first part, bar the respawning enemies towards the end.
Reppyboyo said:
Been so long since I played the first part I`ve forgotten what its about.
There wasn't much to forget. You got dumped on an island, no explanation, and you're working your way underground for some unexplained reason.

Associate
OP
Weebull said:
Good stuff, I really enjoyed the first part, bar the respawning enemies towards the end.

There wasn't much to forget. You got dumped on an island, no explanation, and you're working your way underground for some unexplained reason.

I think your missing the point of a mod, its not a commercial multimillion pound francise, some guy has made it in his bedroom and spent hours/months of his life to bring his dream into reality. he hasnt got payed a penny and has no doubt lost sleep and strained relationships to bring it to life. Give it a break with the no story carp, just getting a very basic mod off the ground is very difficult.

Soldato
Erm, steady. At no point did I insult the guy for making a crappy mod. In fact, I think it's a fantastic piece of work. The level design is brilliantly done, the 'background' to the story is excellently done, with little snippets of information and confusing narratives on his website aplenty, and as I said in the very post you quoted me on, I enjoy the episodic format he's laid it out in. He can take his time creating the full game, but still provide some end product to play with every few months, rather than years later.

I said that there wasn't much of a story so far, because guess what, there isn't much of one. Not slating it, not praising it, just pointing out a fact. The story will no doubt get explained as the game progresses, but to claim there's any real story in the game so far would be a lie. In no way was I insulting the guy who made it with that statement, so relax.

Back
Top Bottom