Ever felt like just giving up.

Permabanned
I mean living, just somtimes I think why, then I think but this is life, it has its bad points and its good points.

Somtimes I have just felt like walking out on my job.

I once came close to just giving up, my niece was in intensive care on they night she way born, trying to get a taxi to the hospital from town (from celebrating her birth) I could have killed a few people, even a woman. :mad:

Every had the feeling you want to bash someones skull in to pieces.

Aint life brilliant. :D

Soldato
That's what life is about bud.

Gotta take the bad to get to the good stuff. Just seems like theres a hell of a lot of bad to get through sometimes.

Permabanned
OP
Rich_L said:

I must admit from your posts, you seem to have a good life and great social life.

I think my reasons are from the fact I have been let down from a very eary age from school to school and nothing in my life has made me feel great.

Its even worse now with a dead end job.

/me back to PES 5

Man of Honour
Life is what you make it. If you don't like how yours is going then make some positive changes. Don't say that you can't make changes because you can.

We all have bad days but those of us who think positively take such days in our stride.
Dead end job? Go and get a job you like. If you have to gain extra qualifications, do it.
Shortage of friends? Go out and make some new ones.
Life lacking direction/meaning? Give yourself a reason to continue. For example get a hobby or something which you will enjoy and will keep you occupied.

Don't think, just do it. You'll find that things improve.

Soldato
cheets64 said:
I must admit from your posts, you seem to have a good life and great social life.
Tis true I admit :) And believe me I do appreciate that I'm (*&^ing lucky to be where I am now!

Way I look at life, there is so much which can be achieved through sheer force of will. all the BS that you see with all the self-help rubbish is just that - it's just a prompt to realise how much potential you, and anyone, has. Next time you're sitting next to someone on public transport, say hello and ask how they're doing. Sure, a couple of people may view you weirdly but the vast majority of people are happy to have a chat and make their journey go quicker! Hell, you may even enjoy it yourself!

Smile when you pass someone in the street, make an effort to thank people that serve you in shops, crikey, if you're feeling mad even stop and chat to the chuggers that accost you on the street, they're only doing their job after all. Sure it may be totally unrealistic optimism but believe wholly in the generosity and kindness of the human spirit and it makes the world a damn sight happier. :)

All in all, feel free to post whatever on this here forum, cos right on here there are the greatest range of people that'll give you sarcy replies, genuine advice, humerous pick-me-ups and pretty much anything you could ask for!

[/happiness]

Permabanned
OP
Scuzi said:
Life is what you make it. If you don't like how yours is going then make some positive changes. Don't say that you can't make changes because you can.

We all have bad days but those of us who think positively take such days in our stride.
Dead end job? Go and get a job you like. If you have to gain extra qualifications, do it.
Shortage of friends? Go out and make some new ones.
Life lacking direction/meaning? Give yourself a reason to continue. For example get a hobby or something which you will enjoy and will keep you occupied.

Don't think, just do it. You'll find that things improve.

I am, I am getting ride of my £1k debt the going to do some courses and look into starting my own business, I had a "light bulb" moment and i just needed to change my life for the better.

Man of Honour
cheets64 said:
I am, I am getting ride of my £1k debt the going to do some courses and look into starting my own business, I had a "light bulb" moment and i just needed to change my life for the better.

Awesome :)
It's amazing what you can achieve with a positive outlook on life. Positive action gets you places, keep it up and you'll do well.

Listen to what Rich has to say as well. People are the best thing in the world and the ability to interact with people can make life so much easier. For me, coming from Ireland, it's no big deal to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger for no particular reason as it's the 'done thing'. Now that I live in England I found that some people may have thought it a bit strange that a stranger started talking to them out of the blue but these people soon come out of their shell. Talking to people, even if it's just small talk, can have a big impact on how you feel. I find that I walk away from 'stranger conversations' feeling good that I've met someone new and possibly made their day a bit better.

Good karma and all that. Most people think it's bull but give it a try, it works :D

Associate
Yes. And i dont like it when people tell you things like "life is what you make of it" Because nobody knows, how do we know what death is like. Theres no expertese in the subject of life, its people opinions, each are different.

^ probably didnt make sense, i have been drinking.

Soldato
Here's my piece of advice before I go to bed :)

Don't let life get you down too much. Everybody has their sob stories about how things haven't quite gone their way (not mocking you or anything). About how life is crap and how people have treated them bad etc. Bad job, bad relationship, bad day..........it all equates to pain in the end.

But look at it like this......without the pain to contrast there would be no "good". You would never know what to appreciate if life was good all the time. So try to take it on the chin when times are hard because its teaching you essentially what is good for you :) Teaches you not to take things for granted and when things are going good and to cherish the moment, not waste it :)

Well that was deep for 3:25am :p hopefully not all pap though either...............lol

Man of Honour
reflex said:
Yes. And i dont like it when people tell you things like "life is what you make of it" Because nobody knows, how do we know what death is like. Theres no expertese in the subject of life, its people opinions, each are different.

What has death got to do with it? It's inevitable and we have no idea when it will happen so we may as well make the most out of the time we have alive. If anything, the thought of death is even greater incentive to make somethign out of your life.

Life IS what you make it. If you have your health you have no excuses for having a 'bad life'.

Soldato
reflex said:

No one knows what death is like, and we can only guess, assume and believe what we so wish or desire; and that's ok. :)

Everyone is different, but if you strip us down a little, we all have the same basic programming and we all grow together as a species and have been for millions of years. And because of this, we all have something in common, something to share or whatever else. It makes life so much easier and easy going once you understand and believe this.

Life really is what you make of it. If you try hard and believe in yourself, you, and anyone else, can acheive really amazing and big things. We all just wish we had that drive all the time, constanly, throughout our lives.

If you don't have the drive, then think of the things that make you really happy. Family discussions (which rarely happen), eating a nice food, talking to new people or whatever. Then think about how little you've experienced and just how much their could be in the world that you'll also really enjoy, just as much.

Drive yourslef towards an amazing and happy objective. Do everything you need to do to get there. Then give my name a call when you've made it. To thank me. :D

Phil.

Soldato
And don't forget, life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

I can recommend daily doses of high five for overcoming lifes hardships (I've just taught my 2 and a half year old how to high five!)

Soldato
I've come to realise the bad things that happen to us only make us stronger. Life is difficult but I have to agree it is what you make it.

This will sound really deep but sometimes I've felt like its pointless being nice to people because it gets thrown back in my face. People want far more than they actually need and always want somebody or something to blame. But I decided that if I gave up and just acted like a ****, it'd only make me feel bad because thats not who I am (I've discovered that already because I tried it).

If you don't like the way things are, make some changes.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I prefer to try and see a positive in every situation i.e. what other people see as problems, I prefer to look upon as challenges from which we can learn and grow in a personal sense.

It might sound cheesy but it works for me :p

No matter how you lead your life **** will happen, it's down to the individual how he or she deals with the challenges life throws at them.
If you let things get you down, you will always have a bleak outlook on life.

My advice - take the crap life throws at you and throw it straight back, stick two fingers up at it and get on with what you want to do.

Stan :)

Soldato
i echo what most have said on here, set yourself a goal each week, be it talking to a stranger, looking for a course that will give you more oppotunity to get that better job or give you the skills to work for yourself, paying a little more off your debt or finding a new hobby, the moment you make positive steps to improve your life is the moment you will feel better about life, learning new things is probably the best thing you could do as its a big confidence builder.

life really is what you make of it.

now what gets me down is that you think you've typed a lot in the little message box then when you post the reply it equates to about 3 lines of txt

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
darreny said:
now what gets me down is that you think you've typed a lot in the little message box then when you post the reply it equates to about 3 lines of txt

It's not just me then :D

You want to try it with a 24" widescreen at 1920x1200, you need to type for two minutes just to fill one line :eek:

Stan :)

Back
Top Bottom