NOD32 Users.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I've only been with NOD for about 2 weeks so I'm still getting use to it ;)

I ran In-Depth-Analysis earlier and i got a bit concerened about the 4 errors in blue?

untitled2xf1.jpg

Is that a problem? Disk problem perhaps :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Thanks.

SW.

Suspended
MBR = Master Boot Record. In use when you boot up your computer.

Are you scanning the system under a limited user account? Therefore you have no access to the MBR.

Run a scandisk with both boxes ticket. So it'll run when you restart. If all runs okay then your MBK is okay?

Soldato
Think you want to run Explorer, right click on whatever drive you want to scan. Go to the Tools tab and run the Error checking tool. Not sure if that is Scandisk per se but try it anyway.

Soldato
I've had to give up on NOD32 after using it for a few months, every so often Dreamweaver would throw an "out of memory error" after a bit of digging it turned out it was clashing with one of the nod32 components, haven't had a single error since I uninstalled it. Unfortunately i'm now left with no AV software, I can't stick AVG, Avast is fairly useless, I'm not touching Norton or McAfee with anyone's pole so I have no idea what to go for :(

Associate
Hmm I have just tried Kaspersky trial and i'm clean as a whistle. I am not sure how your friend managed to get 120+ virus on his system without even a twitch from AVG.

AVG's weak spot used to be trojans but as I understand it has been much better for the past 18 months since the move up to the latest version.

It also depends upon the users surfing habits. If the user agrees to every popup that appear then it matters not how good the AV is, he will get stung.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here is a copy of an email that I sent Esset about why I was getting these errors also .....

I wrote ...

Can you please tell me why some text appears in blue when I am scanning
my rig? It usually says something along the lines of 'error opening
(file locked)4!

Any info you can give me on this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Al

Their response was ....

These are invariably system files which are in use by Windows, and
therefore cannot be accessed by another program (including anti-virus
software). This is quite normal and thus nothing to worry about, as the
fact that these files are locked means that a virus could not infect
them either.

Kind regards
Dan Wills
Technical Support Engineer
Aspect Systems