Belinea 102035W

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I decided the Philips over this one in the end, only about £30 difference at the time, I was mainly put off by the severity of the backlight bleed, which thankfully, isn't that bad on the Philips, certainly less than the pictures of the Belinea in here as I took a photo of my Philips to compare.

Associate
miffy said:
Hi, I'm a first time poster, although I've popped into these forums and bought a few things at overclockers over the last few years or so.

Just wanted to say that I bought one of these Belinea monitors last week and have been extremely impressed by it. The backlight leaking isn't a problem for me, unless something full screen and completely black is displayed, which is very rare and even then, you only really notice it if you are looking at the edges of the screen.

Luckily, the unit I received has no dead or stuck pixels which I was very relieved about being a first time LCD buyer.

Over the last few days however, the screen seems to have developed some sort of problem where black flickery lines appear if you move windows around on the desktop, and sometimes even a permanent tall rectangle of thin black lines appear at the same point in the screen.

At first I thought it was a cable problem so I switched the DVI cable to the standard VGA cable that came with the screen, but that didn't help. Then I thought it might be a driver problem, so I uninstalled my ATI drivers (Radeon 9800) and reinstalled them from clean (using a guide to completely remove the drivers). The problem did not go away.

I then used the reset option in the OSD and this seemed to cure the problem. I was delighted, but it was short lived as the next day the problem appeared again. It does still go away if I reset or sometimes just bring up the OSD or press the auto button, but after a few hours it always reappears again.

To give you a better idea as to what I am talking about, I filmed the problem with my digital camera (sorry about the poor quality) and it can quite clearly be seen.

Download AVI file here: http://insoul.net/belfualt.avi (XviD)

I'm beginning to think it might be an unsolvable fault and contacting the warranty people might be a good course of action, but knowing that the screen has no dead pixels makes me hope it can be fixed.

Just wondered if anyone had seen anything similar before or has any ideas, I searched Google but couldn't find anything related.

Thanks very much.

Interesting to read this. I got my screen on Friday, and it worked fine until last night when the exact same thing has happened to my screen. I've tried many and various things but none have worked.

How exactly do I get this thing returned to Belinea?

First time posting in these forums.

Dave

Associate
Gunda said:
looks like i've got the same issues, so we go directly to Maxdata rather than though overclockers ?

Yup. 01344 788920.

I rang them on Tuesday and am getting my screen swapped out tomorrow. Extremely helpful guy on the phone - I'm amazed at how *few* questions he asked me!

Dave

btw, this screen is an excellent choice. if anyone's thinking about one but put off with the problems some have had, don't think, do it! After-sales is second to none.

Last edited:
Associate
picture of the issue with my 102035w, i've phoned Maxdata and there sending a swap out for me on Tuesday. Told me not to pack it in a box at all and no cables or anything just monitor and base.

Its a very nice screen appart from the issue seen below, no dead pixels nothing else wrong with it at all, the pictures poor since i took it on my phone.

Associate
I just got these screen faults today also. Called Maxdat who were very helpful and have arranged a swap for next week. During call i was asked for serial and so had to unplug DVI cable from rear of monitor to read, after call I plugged back in and lines have gone :confused:

Should I cancel swap and hope thats it fixed now or go ahead with swap in case this is going to be an ongoing problem? This monitor arrived with no pixel probs, just not sure whether to risk a replacement :confused:

Permabanned
ive had this monitor for a a month now and ive noticed one thing. I cant use vsync in games, without getting really bad mouse lag. As a test, I plugged my old 19" CRT in and tried a few games with vsync on and found no problems what so ever with mouse lag. Changed back to the 102035W and the mouse lag is right there again. What is it about TFT's that cause this problem??

Soldato
It could be a resolution issue

What resolution are you using on your CRT and on your LCD?

I often just switch VSync off and put up with a little tearing - you need a fairly potent PC to sustain >60fps all the time and with VSync on when you go below 60fps it is capped at 30fps, then 15fps, etc. With VSync off you could still be getting a constant 45-50fps which is fine IMHO but this will drop to 30fps with it on

Permabanned
with a Geforce 6800, running UT, I NEVER go lower than 200fps with vsync off, with it on I get a solid 60. on my TFT i play in 1680x1050 and on the CRT i play in 1600x1200 or sometimes 1280x1024.
but its not a resolution thing, I have tried many different resolutions and the results are the same. The harsh reality is LCD screens produce mouse lag, and (apparently) there is no solution, other than simply disabling vsync, which is hardly a solution.... its more of a work-around

Caporegime
yesiamAndeh said:
with a Geforce 6800, running UT, I NEVER go lower than 200fps with vsync off, with it on I get a solid 60. on my TFT i play in 1680x1050 and on the CRT i play in 1600x1200 or sometimes 1280x1024.
but its not a resolution thing, I have tried many different resolutions and the results are the same. The harsh reality is LCD screens produce mouse lag, and (apparently) there is no solution, other than simply disabling vsync, which is hardly a solution.... its more of a work-around

There is no mouse lag whatsoever on my ACER S-IPS panel at work...and that is an old 16ms.

I LAN game on it regularly and I would notice if there was...

Associate
Ok this monitor really starting to suck tbh. Just got my replacement today due to the black line fault and now after 3 hours the brightness has started flickering and there's a high pitched squeal coming from the monitor. :mad:

Calling Maxdata tomorrow, tempted just to get ££'s back and settle for my old faithful 19" CRT.

Associate
got my replacement on Tuesday this week, its been working great.
One thing to note, not sure if this means anything or not but thought i'd highlight it. The version that went wrong was Rev1.2 and the new one i have now thats all ok is Rev1.3

Back
Top Bottom