London Pics

Associate
Been going through the shots from yesterday. The full set is here and a few of the better ones (in my opinion anyway) below. Let me know what you think. :)

_MG_0716.jpg

_MG_0785.jpg

_MG_0817.jpg

Soldato
Great shots
icon14.gif

During the meet is was interesting to see the different angles and subjects being captured.

A couple of shots from me

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Soldato
Some nice pictures there :) The second one looks almost as if the guy was edited in afterwards, I like the third one mostly though :)

Nice one sdk aswell, although i think the second one would look better with the airplane trail cloned out, as i found it distracing.

Great shots though :)

Soldato
The first ones good, I've seen photos of the reflection of Tower 42 done like that before, but it's a good photo nonetheless. The Lloyds one is interesing, but you can get better shots of the building, especially at night.

Soldato
Evil-Penguin said:
Nice one sdk aswell, although i think the second one would look better with the airplane trail cloned out, as i found it distracing.
Yeah I was going to but I left it in. It can be removed easily enough :)

I processed the images on my laptop and looking at them now on my Desktop machine they do look quite a bit darker, especially the lower part of the first image.

Soldato
This landing looks like it could be painful.
It looks like I captured this at the same time as the photo above from ranarama.

photo3.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments guys. SDK, I really like those two you put up. The second one is great but I didn't even want to attempt that shot with the amount of flare I get with my lens. Bit disappointed I can't see the crane though ;) .

Evil-Penguin said:
The second one looks almost as if the guy was edited in afterwards, I like the third one mostly though :)

I did have to mess about with that one and cloned out two people just behind the skate boarder as they were really distracting. You can see where they were as the window by the skater's right foot is quite messy. Should have spent longer on it really but think I mostly got away with it.

Associate
SDK^ said:
This landing looks like it could be painful.
It looks like I captured this at the same time as the photo above from ranarama.

photo3.jpg
At least SDK's is a different perspective from ranamara's. Look at SDK's, then mine:

DSC_5842.jpg

:p :o Notice how even the shadow on his face line up exactly the same, not to mention the position of the skateboard and how his feet are aligned. Spooky, eh?

(I'll post my set later on, after I've had a chance to work over them :) )

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Must have been a different time as the sun wasn't out when I took mine.

Zheka said:
SDK^ nice shot. Did he crash?

They weren't actually very good but I suppose everyone has to start somewhere. I didn't see one of them land properly (like I could do it :o ). The ones down on the South Bank were good though.

Associate
Great pics guys. Looking through some of those makes me kick myself for missing the shots even though we were all probably standing in the same areas! I have only processed 5 or 6 as I am absolutely wasted (our daughter kept us up half the night and hasn't really settled till this evening - you don't want to know why! ;) )

SDK, your big ben picture made me wince when I saw mine in comparison! :)

Ranarama - that picture of the guy with the hair. I was looking to take that but I had my kit lens on and didn't have the reach. My pictures will follow:

Associate
All very blue - kinda why I like this one

I just loved the colours in this window sticker - think it was a mobile phone shop

Went for the arty strange angle on this - (please ignore the slightly dodgy cloning top right and left - my lens hood had shown on the photo at the top!)

**EDIT - Are these images too large?**

Back
Top Bottom