How often to you clean out your PC

Associate
I planned to clean my very regulary... but so far the inside of my computer is really pretty clean, and i've had it for 7 months I think. I get a lot of dust on the intake and around any gaps, but thats easy to clean.

Soldato
A lot less than I should.

The outside of the case gets a dust whenever the rest of the room gets tidied. But It only really gets clean when I am already taking the side pannel off for an upgrade and I decide to do it then.

Im looking at it now and it looks in some need of attention, but Im installing water cooling next week so I will clean it all up then.

Associate
I usually clean mine every few months which isn't really often enough but it's better than not doing it at all.

I use a mini vacuum cleaner that runs off 4xAA batteries (complete with dust bag) and it really works!

Soldato
When I go into my PC. I just cleaned it the other day, the radiator was the worst, I ended up blowing it through. I clean the whole of the front every 2 weeks as it is a huge dust filter.

Soldato
Occasionally I'll clean the dust out of the heatsink as that gets quite clogged up in a short space of time, but the rest of the PC doesn't get very dusty at all. Probably because I don't have any intake fans.

Soldato
Hardly ever because about a week after i clean it there will be more dust. What really annoys me is how clean the insides of my friends computer is because he doesn't have carpets in his room. He's never cleaned it before and it's nearly spotless :p

Commissario
I tend to clean out computers (not just mine) whenever i'm working on them.

In some cases that means they are kept pretty much spotless, in other cases it means that the machine gets thoroughly filthy between cleans (mine).

This method isn't really fair on the PC's though, the best behaved ones are the dirtiest :p

Associate
In the past two years, I've cleaned my computers once; I don't clean my mother's, sister's or my laptop though.

One of them has never been cleaned (I've only had it for 4 months though. :p), and the other one was cleaned once when I took it apart and reassembled it.

Associate
cleaning of a pc is a very personal thing, e.g. if the other half does her thing with any regularity-no not that, i mean hoovering, then the frequency is less.
since loads of dust on the heatsinks and fan blades has got to reduce their efficiency, then you know when it is time, easier to see this if you've got a see thru side panel

Soldato
Since I havent got a side window and rarely go out to clean it, unless I have the panel off, then I'l quickly blow / pick the dust off of the heatsinks, the Zalmon 9500 is a dust attracter for sure.
Once I have a window I will probably turn into a clean-a-holic

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I clean them out a bit (as far as blow the dust away etc) every time i am working on them. In the case of my home pc thats well over a year then as i have lost interest :)

RJC

RJC

Don
Once a year I give my pc a good clean, did mine yesterday using my dads air compressor on a low setting, worked wonders amount of dust that blow out I was quite suprised.

Every other month I give a quick wipe down.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom