Razer Copperhead and Mouse mat?

Associate
Ok, I brought a Razer mouse and i should be receiving it monday. I currently don't have a mouse mat for my Microsoft optical 5-button mouse. Thing is my desk is really starting to deteriorate over all of the mouse use.

So to save my desk I want to get a mouse mat. As i've said i'm getting a Razer Copperhead which is a laser mouse. I've never had a laser mouse and i'm not really sure what kind of mouse mat surface is best to use with it... So this is where you guys come in ;)

Which mouse mat would be best for me? I'm not too fussed on the colour. I have about 10" x 10" area to use but I could fit a bigger one in with a bit of a move around of my desk i'm sure. As for the price... the cheaper the better obviously, but I do want the best type of mat for laser mice.

Thanks for the help.
PS - I did a little search and couldn't find anything that helped me really. Sorry if theres another topic on this... don't kill me :(
:p

Associate
The Q-pad is awesome together with the Razer and some teflon feets.
I have had other gaming mats but nothing comes close to the Q-pad imo.

Soldato
I just got the Razor eXactmat, nice mat has 2 surfaces a smooth side for speed and a slightly rough side for control, i use the control side feels nice i think. Cant really comment on any other mats.
Came with a gel wrist support also which is nice.

Soldato
epoxy5 said:
The Q-pad is awesome together with the Razer and some teflon feets.
I have had other gaming mats but nothing comes close to the Q-pad imo.
I have a QPad too and its sooo smooth.

Associate
OP
I really don't like the designs on the Q-pads though. But if that'd be the best for me then I may consider getting one.

I like the ice mats... but I think they might mess with the laser. O.o

Soldato
Tbh i dont like it too smooth, i seem to feel more in control with the mat slightly rough. Thats why i went for this mat since it has both.

It really depends on what youre used to i think.

Associate
OP
Well the desk used to be super smooth, but over time its gotten worse and it's not so smooth anymore...

I do prefer it to be a little rough, not too easy to move but not too hard. If you get what I mean.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Ren.182 said:
Considering getting the eXact mat...

Any more suggestions from people?

Thanks for the help!

copperhead is unbelievably difficult to control @ 2000 dpi so change it down a bit and buy a mat that favours accuracy over speed.

Permabanned
Corepad Eyepad, you will not regret it. Its got a silky smooth surface that will let your Razer glide across beautifully.

Edit: its only about £8 as well

Associate
I've got a Func 1030 with my Copperhead and it's very nice, although it is a bit expensive. I mainly got it because nothing bigger would fit on my desk. If you've got the room I'd say go for the eXactmat, I've heard lots of good things about it.

Soldato
You may want to consider the Steelpad S&S :cool:

steelpad2ty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom