I'm not lazy, I need help..

Associate
Hi Overclockers.

my x2 3800 rig is currently clocked at 2.3 on an Epox nforce 4 ultra mobo. Using 2 gigs of Geil value cas 3 ram..

I'm trying to find any one with the same cpu/mobo and or ram that could help me with some settings to up the clock and sort out the ram timings.

idealy i'd like to hit about 2.45+ and tighten the ram timings but i have no idea where to go now. My over clock is just you basic up the clock speed and thats all job.

Would appreciate it v much if any one could help me out here

Thanks a lot

Dan

Associate
OP
Right, Thats the sort of encouragement i needed to get overclocking it again

I do need another smidge of help though. I dont seem to be able to lock the ram FSB.

I've got the Cpu at 2.35 and the FSB is constanly upping itself. So at the moment its at 235mhz.

i'n the bios i did change the ram settings from "auto" to "DDR 400. 200mhz"..

Is this right?

Cheers

Dan

Soldato
dantonkin said:
Right, Thats the sort of encouragement i needed to get overclocking it again

I do need another smidge of help though. I dont seem to be able to lock the ram FSB.

I've got the Cpu at 2.35 and the FSB is constanly upping itself. So at the moment its at 235mhz.

i'n the bios i did change the ram settings from "auto" to "DDR 400. 200mhz"..

Is this right?

Cheers

Dan

You need to try and keep your RAM as close to 200MHz as you can. To do this, work out your cpu fsb and use the 200/166/133/100 as dividers (200 is 1:1 cpu:ram, 100 is 2:1, 166 is 6:5, 133 is 3:2)

Associate
OP
Ahh could this be why my computer just shut it self down all of a sudden? Also since i upped the clock to 2.35 the wireless internet became erratic.

I've now set every thing back to how i had it before and all seems fine

Associate
OP
Hows this to you lot in the know?

I've got my cpu running at 2.5ghz now. Ram bus is 208mhz Temps are around 50 load and 41 idle

This seem ok to you?

Also the Ram timings are:

3-4-4-8 T1

This iI would like some help on if you could spare some time?

Cheers

Dan

Associate
OP
I've got an xp90c with ys-tec 92mm fan sitting on it (using AS5).. Plus a couple of Sanyo Denki 120mm fans in the case.

Side of the case off, I think thats as good as i can get for now. Unless anyone can reccomend a better heatsink n fan combo?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I havent tested it for hours at a time yet. I Did a test using cucusoft avi to dvd converter. I know this prog is multi threaded so tests both cores out well.

I left it encoding for 2 hrs with max temps hitting 50 using 90%+ load. Stable throughout..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom