• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Think my graphics card has died! help needed

Associate
Was on my computer today just playing footy manager! and suddenly my screen cuts out and the monitor light starts flashing! the computer was still on i could open the cd drives. tried turning it off and on but nothing, then took everything out and cleaned it and the same thing happens. i switch it on and it just starts to loads up but the monitor does nothing just the green little light on it flashes!
just want to check if theres anything else i can do before i buy a new graphics card?

Soldato
there should be a jumper on the motherboard. you need to switch its position.... wait.... and switch it back and then switch on your pc.
It basically puts the cmos back to when it was originally put on.

Associate
OP
ok tried it and it hasnt worked! so would i be safe to assume that my graphics card has fried?? if so is this a good replacement to my 9800pro?? BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP)

Associate
OP
tried different monitor and tried the jumper settings thing again so! but i havent got a spare graphics card and all my mates have laptops!

if it was my cpu would my computer even switch on?

Associate
you should really try your GFX card in another pc before b uying new just incase its something else like PSU output failure, ram module dieing, or m/board failure. if you have a friend who has a working PC with AGP port ask and see if he will try the card out for you. may save you in the long run and would give you a sure awnser as to your GFX (maybe failure)

Associate
OP
yea the fans turn on and run and the lights go on and everything! and get that beep aswell at the start! trying to take my card over to someones who might have a pc!! if i try my card in someone else pc and it doesnt work then thats pretty much 100% my graphics card?

Back
Top Bottom