Scythe Ninja... XP90c... Arctic Cooling Freezer 64... Which One?

Associate
I'm thinking about getting a new cooler for my x2 3800... Already have the XP90c which seems to just about cope with the cpu at 2.5.

Would the Freezer 64pro or the skythe ninja with a akasa amber fan be better?

Cheers

Dan

Soldato
james.miller said:
i want a ninja. is there any problems with fitment in mid towers? i wanted to get the cheaper TR big typhoon, but apparently there's very little room for the fan when its fitted
I haven't heard of any yet - although mahoosive, they seem to fit most boards pretty well - I'll see if I can dig some pictures up :).

Soldato
Honestly, I am not sure about fitting - I'm looking into it now. TBH, you don't need a push/pull config as a simple push or pull will cool as well as any other cooler in the market.

Soldato
Can't post a link but the 'scythe ninja review' ;) throws up silentpc's review which shows it. It looks to have a smallish footprint (smaller than an XP120 it seems) but height I'm not sure of - I'm looking at Xtremesystems as they have a few users there with pics. :)

Soldato
ninja3xo.jpg

Still looking for more - your best bet is reviews though... They have lots of pictures, but I remember seeing some excellent ones at Xtremesystems so I'll keep searching :).

The pic above was in a Lian-Li.

Antec P180 case Excellent pic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Myths of Ninja

There are many myths and legends concerning ninja, who were most prevalent during Japan's feudal era and often served daimyo, or feudal lords, for secret missions. Their special abilities are also often exaggerated, such as becoming invisible, turning into animals, jumping over buildings, and the ability to fly and foresee the future. These myths were caused by the secretive nature of ninja, and confusion with Tengu and yamabushi. The ninja often encouraged rumors to make people believe they had magical powers. At least one ninja was recorded to have faked his own death so people would think he was a ghost and therefore immortal.
I can't believe I am always the only one going against the grain, but the tales of the Ninja's powers seem to become more and more exaggerated every time I read a user comment.

Will be happy when someone from these forums does a side-by-side *unbiased* comparison. I guess I have become the sceptic of this newsgroup but these days I tend to take everything I read with a bucket of salt. Hopefully I wont get flamed by any Ninja owners :D

Associate
OP
Well two of us have just ordered one today. (Shipped this morn apparently :) ) I'm sure we can give you some reviews when all is set up!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this beast compares to the xp90c i have sitting on the cpu at the moment!!

Associate
ACPCUP said:
Well, i know someone with a 201 case and the Ninja touches the side panel cause it is so tall!

That may be my problem as well. Did that person manage to fit Ninja in the end? Cause if so, I may have an answer to my "will it fit into my 205 case" problem :).

Back
Top Bottom