Can't hit over 275 HTT on DFI NF4 Ultra-D

Associate
I'm trying to push my Opteron 170 which runs rock solid at 2.7GHz @ 1.45v. This is if I have 270 x 10 selected, but if I try 300 x 9 I can't get into windows.
Now I'm using a memory divider in both cases to keep the memory around 200MHz, which has timings that were stable at 216MHz, so I don't feel that it's the memory that is struggling (correct me if I'm wrong though)

From what I can gather the DFI board should be good for HTT speeds over 275, but I'm not having much look, mainly because I don't know which settings to change. Increasing LDT voltage, Chipset voltage, and CPU voltage all have no affect.

Do I need to change the memory timings when increasing the HTT or does it only affect the memory? Anything else I can play with, as I need more HTT to push the chip further.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

TIA
Dan.

Soldato
Also try a different RAM multiplier, it seems some boards have a problem with certain ratios, my board never worked when I tried dropping my old OCZ ram down to 200MHz to keep tight timings at around 300MHz, it worked fine running 1:1 though.

Associate
OP
RAM is at 1T at the moment, I can try 2T tonight.
I think I'm on a modded 7xx bios, so I'll try the 623-3 as well.

Looks like I've got a few things to check out, so with some luck, 280x10 will be achievable tonight :)

Associate
i'm also having the exact same problem, also using the 700 bios off cd. Stock volts up to 2.65 stable, i can boot windows at 2.7 but prime fails after about 3 mins, if i try and go any higher with fsb/voltage windows does not boot, neither does 300x9.

Associate
OP
Just wanted to thank every one for their suggestions, as I'm now running at 300 x 9 (I'll try for 280 x 10 at a later date)
I'm now running with the 623-3 bios, and most things are set to auto in the bios (which they weren't before), but everything appears solid.

Back
Top Bottom