Getting a doctors appointment

Soldato
Why on earth can you not phone up for an appointment for tomorrow?? Every time I try they always say, nope, you can only make appointments on the day. Cue spending half the morning trying to get through on the phone!

National Health Service??? More like National Health Scandal!

:mad:

Soldato
what i dont understand is that if youre ill and need to see a doctor you have to wait 3/4 days before youre actually seen by which time youve either died, got worse or relied on your own body's immune system to get better. useless :o

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Phantom said:
what i dont understand is that if youre ill and need to see a doctor you have to wait 3/4 days before youre actually seen by which time youve either died, got worse or relied on your own body's immune system to get better. useless :o
3 or 4 days? You're lucky :p
Round here it's about a week to a week and a half.

Don
guaranteed same day around here , though has said above this can be a pain for routine stuff where you would rather schedule a convenient time

Soldato
Rotty said:
guaranteed same day around here , though has said above this can be a pain for routine stuff where you would rather schedule a convenient time

This normally stops the old biddys wanting to meet their GP for a chat etc. If their is something wrong with me I goto the hospitial I tend not to bother my doctor as its normally ill put it off and off until its is pretty serious :(

KaHn

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Our docs does this too, I think the theory is that people will only phone in if they are really ill, and by phoning in and making an appointment on the day they are unlikely (less likely) to forget the appointment.

A bit silly though I will agree, though apparently you can still book appointments in advance too at my surgery - v confusing!!!

BB x

Caporegime
Go private then, thats what ive done...dont use the NHS as its a crap system open to abuse. Yeh with private you pay but its so much better and quicker, this country's health care system leaves a lot to be desired for if you ask me.

Soldato
Spawn said:
Go private then, thats what ive done...dont use the NHS as its a crap system open to abuse. Yeh with private you pay but its so much better and quicker, this country's health care system leaves a lot to be desired for if you ask me.

Granted the NHS 'system' is crap but I refuse to pay for a service which is 2nd rate compared to the NHS.

/waits for the "oh but private is so much better remarks"

Yet everything done on private health care which is worth doing is done by the NHS, most of their operations are done by NHS doctors the only difference is that the nurses in private probably care less.

KaHn

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Have to admit it is quite funny to watch from here.
Afaik there's a regulation that means in England they have to book you in within 1 or 2 days to keep to targets right? I'm not 100% because obviously it doesn't affect me in Wales.
So you lot are moaning that they keep trying to give you appointments on the day while in Swansea, everyone I know is sick of never being able to get an appointment for about 10 days sometimes even longer than that.

Guess it's impossible to please everyone.

Soldato
My doc was fine. I went in, asked for an appointment. Was asked if it was urgent, which I said it wasn't, so was offered one next day which I couldn't make because I was working, was offered one the next day that I could.

That was my first appointment for 10 years :eek:

Associate
My Doctors has this system that if you want an appointment for the same day, the have emergenices only 9 - 10 and 1 - 2, you got to phone up at quarter to the start of the slots, 16 mins to and the number says sorry, this service is unavaialbe and lectures you when you should phone back, if you phone at 15 mins to it always engaged.

If you go and try geting one, they try to see you with 10 days.

Useless, by that time google and Wikipedia have diagnoised whatever is wrong, and some online pharmacy that you have blocked by spam filters has offered the cure, as well as better sex, and a longer ****

Soldato
I know someone who was told she'd have to wait 3 weeks to see any of the doctors in her health centre, the sad thing is she'd found a lump on her breast (which she told the receptionist) which did turn out to be malignant, luckily a call to the health board (or whatever it's called over here) got her an appointment at a surgery elsewhere the same day

Caporegime
I hate those longer schlong e-mails, i get em all the time, i took a photo of my knob once, and replied to one e-mail saying something about does this look like it needs to be any bigger, now stop sending em, but they must be automated or some crap as i still get em, never got a reply about my knob either. :D

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
I hate those longer schlong e-mails, i get em all the time, i took a photo of my knob once, and replied to one e-mail saying somehting about does this look loke it needs to be any bigger, now stop sending em, nut they must be automated or some crap as i still get em, never got a reply about my knob either. :D

Why do you think they kept sending you them?

KaHn

Soldato
Meh.. You're lucky to have a doctor. I got kicked off the register as I moved two miles down the road. I fell out of their area and sent me a nasty letter saying I'm no longer welcome

Last year had kidney stones, was in hospital, and I had no doctor to consult with. Tried to get back on a list, rang around ALL the practices in my area now and no one will take me, as they say they are not taking anyone else on.

NHS direct then assigned me to a practice, and I still have no doctor. I've just given up now. I pay my NI, but I sometimes wonder why. In all fairness though, when I was in hospital, they were nice to me, but the food was aweful..

Caporegime
The NHS is rubbish, basically. Just like the public transport system, the roads, the police...

This country is falling apart at the seams, but everyone is too busy watching Freeview to do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom