• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just got a 9800 pro (for my little brothers pc), how to see temps?

Caporegime
You won't overclock it because you cant see temps :confused: Thats just bizarre.

Whilst your AS5'ing it check if its an R360 core or not! Free 9800PRO>XT mod right there (still won't get you temp monitoring though). Gets you a few more points in 3dmark anyway :p

Just whack ati-tool on the go and see what it gets to, mine clocked like a right good-un, and modded to XT. :)

Soldato
OP
paradigm said:
You won't overclock it because you cant see temps :confused: Thats just bizarre.

I dont understand whats so bizarre about it, what if it ran over 100c and heres me thinking WOW look at my nice overclock stable for an hour ATI tool what an amazing card, 2 weeks later its dead, ye really bizarre and hard to understand :D - its for my little brothers pc anyways so not too bothered.

Suspended
i doubt itd fry after 2 weeks, i had mine at 400mhz core and around 370mhz memory for 3 or 4 years and it didnt die on me. (stock cooler aswell)

Soldato
^ truth - same goes with cpu's - temps are there just for referance, if a processor (be it a cpu or gpu) is too hot, it'll start mucking up.

Soldato
OP
Opps stock speeds I mean, I must admit im impressed by these cards, they're really old but there still preety good, the GPU must be really cool as the stock cooler is pants :D, on my leadtek 6800gt the fans bigger, coolers prob 3-4X bigger and its secured in by screws aswell whereas this only has those 2 pin things, preety impressive to think how little heat it must generate, and no ram heatsinks!
Ohh btw its only a r350 core :(

Soldato
OP
I'll give overclocking a blast once its in my little brothers system, no point overclocking in mine as its probably a cooler system.

Soldato
OP
Hi ran ATI Tool for an hour finding max core overclock, levelled out at 414, i was looking at image also - no artifiacts so I'll run it at 410, will see what the memory can do later, shame its only a r350 core.

Permabanned
:p :p :p
Vegeta said:
I dont understand whats so bizarre about it, what if it ran over 100c and heres me thinking WOW look at my nice overclock stable for an hour ATI tool what an amazing card, 2 weeks later its dead, ye really bizarre and hard to understand :D - its for my little brothers pc anyways so not too bothered.

Hehe ;)

Soldato
OP
sja360 said:
i wouldnt say that ;)
i got about 450mhz on the core with the 9800pro i had, while memory maxed at around 360-370mhz.#

Well I only just managed 410/360 on ati tool, will probably run games at 425/370 I suppose but I like everything to be 100% stable.

I dont think its worth keeping overclocked at such a low overclock tbh, only seen a few hundred points increase in 3dmark 05, on my 6800gt/nu its like over a 1,000 increase just by overclocking, more on the nu coupled with unlocking stuff.

Last edited:
Associate
I got a 9550 Radeon with R360 GPU, does tis mean I could clock this card as high as a 9800pro?

No fan on card bit basic with that but I have read the R360 is best and my card is fitted with one

Any tips?

Back
Top Bottom