IE error

Soldato
anyone had any problems when testing sites using IE ?

if the past I usualy use the * html hack to for ie in the style sheet but thought i'd try and move onto using the conditional statements.

Here were I have the problem, on the page that i've switch to using the conditional statement it works but IE keeps crashing with randomly. If I remove the conditional statement and go back to using * html it has no problems at all.

Any ideas if this is a known problem ?

Soldato
I've never experienced this problem during testing, and not heard of conditional comments ever causing such a problem. What conditional comment are you using? Just "if IE"?

Soldato
OP
yep just the "if IE" like so

Code:
<!--[if IE]> <style type="text/css">@import "css/iewin.css";</style> <![endif]-->

To begin with I thought it could be a problem with my ie as it comes up with an dll error but i've tried reformatting and still the smae on a clean install.

heres the dll error i'm getting

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: mshtml.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2900.2802 Offset: 000d7d15

but it does seemed linked to the if statement i'm using above, once I dont use this its fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, that looks fine to me, so I'm not too sure what the issue is. I personally don't use @import, just a regular <link rel="stylesheet" /> as that section of code is specifically targeted at IE only. You might try using that.

Is there anything in iewin.css that might be causing problems?

Soldato
OP
nope nothing in there apart from your standard css code. On the version that works fine the only difference in iewin.css is the * html before each of the css statements.

When I get back i'll give it a try with the if statement but using the <link rel="stylesheet" /> insted of the @import. as the normal way I do it is using the <link tag which works fine without the if statement.

just wish i'd check some of this sooner before I went ahead and decided to format the laptop :(

Back
Top Bottom