Peltier (TEC) shopping list

Soldato
Does this sound ok, i have been using water cooling for a while now. My dual heater core is leaking and my res is too.

So im thinking of this upgrade. all will be on 3/8" tubing and a 12v DCC pump (the small one)

how does this sound, Anychanges to be made or talk me out of it, any better way of cooling my opty 146 down?

MeanWell s320-12 TEC PSU £73.36
DangerDen Maze4-1 (1/2") - A64 s754/939/940 TEC Block £30.55
226w Peltier (Potted) £23.24
PreCut Gasket for Maze4-1 £5.78
DangerDen Dual FLOPPY Bay Reservoir - 3.5" £14.41
ThermoChill PA120.2 £42.50
3/8" ID Tygon R3603 Tubing £21.60
Subtotal £211.44
VAT - £37.01

Total £252.68
Anyone here using a pelt? are they reliable or not worth it.
thanks

PS - I have a swifttek storm block atm, im guessing i cant use this is a TEC settup?

Soldato
Looking good dude, you planning on cooling a gpu aswell as that rad may struggle with a pelted cpu and gpu aswell.

Do you not already have tubing?
Try looking into the Swiftech 6002 pelt block its better than the maze 4.

Nope the Storm isnt compatable

Go for it with tecs, they are great fun just ignore everyone who tells you against them :p

Soldato
Basically its a ceramic plate that transfers current, thus one side gets very hot and the other gets hot.

Strap the cold side to the chip and cool the hot side effectively and your rocking.

Though they are very inefficient in practise.

I wrote a decent bit of info in the watercooling sticky at the top of the page :)

EDIT: Eh wheres the watercooling sticky gone?

EDIT 2: Its been archived and the post i refered to can be found Here

Last edited:
Associate
Will it work to put it the other way around, so that the water will be cooled, and you would need a heatsink and some fans for the hot side? I guess it would be a bad idea(propably worse than I imagine :p ), but it could be fun to try. Anyone done it earlier?

Associate
pelts are really fun to work with. the only problem i have run across is condensation. proper insulation should cure that though.

i have been working on a system that would cool the water waaaaay down and then send it to the waterblock.

Soldato
max power said:
pelts are really fun to work with. the only problem i have run across is condensation. proper insulation should cure that though.

i have been working on a system that would cool the water waaaaay down and then send it to the waterblock.
Chilled water? They are very good tbh, just have to make sure the water doesn't freeze. People usually mod a phase change unit for this.

Soldato
Yeah pelt chillers dont work too well really since you need about 5 x 80w pelts at least.

A good option is to try a local pub see if they are throwing away any chillers that they use for the "extra cold" beer as you can water temps to about 0C normally and up to minus 10C with some easy mods.

Otherwise your looking at building one but then you need a whole new range of tools etc

Back
Top Bottom