Am I mad part 2

Associate
Well seeing the other scale models thread I thought i'd update my post from a coulpe of weeks ago.

Finally it arrived all the way from www.hlj.com (Japan) in a rather large box. By large I mean its a meter long. Customs decided it would be fun to sting me for 24 quid and then parcelforce chipped in for £13.50 for the responsibility of passing it on. Nice... :/

Anyway;

falkit.jpg

It's a bit of a beast, but not so daunting as these Japanese manufacturers really have got the engineering tiptop. Where to start is my question, I suppose translating the instructions lol.

Soldato
Wow, I thought about getting one of these, I watched the video on www.hlj.com and thought - I must put credit card away....!!

I had a warship sent from hlj.com and managed to skip the custom charge, and then got caught for two 1/24 scale car kits.. It's a little hit and miss sometimes with customs..

Have fun building this... I've heard it's a stunning kit, and seeing this has now made me want it even more..

Soldato
Grrrrr said:
Wow, no offense but i can think of much better ways to spend that kind of money!!

Well it's a hobby, some wouldn't think twice about spending £300 + on a video card. Some spend thousands upgrading cars. Some spend a small fortune on video consoles, games etc...

It's all about what you like. He likes Star Wars, so £150 to him is perhaps a small price to pay. I think it was worth the money. It'll take many hours of fun (frustration) to build... Hope to see completed pictures.

Soldato
Looks like a daunting model, ever considered you may have too much time on your hands? :D
KaHn said:
I bet your missing a piece.

KaHn
The grammar police called, they said your apostrophe and your 'e' got held up at customs, you'll have to pay a charge of 24 quid :p

Associate
I also hope to see some photos upon completion

Having built and painted most of the Start Wars single pilot fighters, and Start Trek Starship kit's, i have to say that looks AWESOME....

Good luck with the build!

P.S - worth every penny

Soldato
OMG I am so jealous and I hate you!

You heard me right! I am a hardcore diehard fan and next thing you see scum like you go out splash the cash and buy things like the Mellennium Falcon! :mad:

Is it fun? :p I'll prob buy the Mon Calimari Space Cruiser if they do it. :D Kidding about the scum part :p

Back
Top Bottom