WHY don't phones have headphone jacks?

Soldato
Does this annoy everyone else. All these "MP3 enabled" phones are useless to the most of us as you're limited to using the awful included headset.

Is there some sort of legal reason behind this?

Permabanned
I dont think there is a Legal reason, but yes that does suck. My dad has a Sony phone (Pretty new) got like 30 songs on but no Headphone slot :(

Soldato
some phones have a 2.5mm headphone jack that only needs a converter, or the w800 (maybe all of the walkman branded sonys do) comes with an adapter that alows you to use any headphone while still being able to use the handsfree function.
So at least there are a few phones out there that do :)

Soldato
you can buy an adaptor that takes a 2.5mm to 3.5mm for about 1.50. Some of the walkman phones and HTC phones have proper 3.5mm jacks though. More and more phones do seem to be going this way though, i guess to compete with the ipod.

Associate
LizardKing said:
some phones have a 2.5mm headphone jack that only needs a converter, or the w800 (maybe all of the walkman branded sonys do) comes with an adapter that alows you to use any headphone while still being able to use the handsfree function.
So at least there are a few phones out there that do :)

Same as the W900i Headphones. So you can plug in a decent Pair of Headphones in if desired.

Back
Top Bottom