Who said size is not important .....

Soldato
Well bought these how today...... thought I'd have a play with something a little larger, no substitute for size hey !

Keltik04_small.jpg

:D

Height 1037mm
Depth 370mm
Width 256 mm

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
So, you went for it in the end. Dare I ask how much?
What are they like to get setup, are you running them active and how do they compare?

Soldato
OP
Yeah couldn't say no could I ;)
At present they are sitting in the garage :eek:
Need to touch up a few areas where the veneer colour has been rubbed away on the edges, plus clean up the plinths at the bottom.

They are an active only speaker, no passive xovers were ever built.
3 amps minimum, 4 recommended. (Klouts or better prefferably)
Set-up by reputation is a mare, need to be inch perfect in the room then they are awesome.

Sealed box, Isobarik loaded, (there's another oval unit inside !!!!!)
Response curve 20Hz to 20 Khz +/- 2db ! :eek:
No sub required !!!!!
52Kg each
New price in early 90's £6000 (yes six thousand )

Just working out what amps I'm going to use ....

I'll let people guess "used" price for now ;)

Soldato
OP
I think that normal relates to the combined effect of drive unit and xover, as they don't have a passive xover, no figure is quoted. Others in the range, Kaber/Keilidh etc state 87db.... fairly average I guess..... But with 3 or 4 Klouts behind them it wouldn't really matter ! ;)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
My only other question for you is this:

Were they worth the extra money (assuming you paid some money towards the upgrade)?

Its the only question that really matters :p

Soldato
OP
Haaa Haaaa don't know yet, they still in the garage !!! Touched up a few scratches, and redone the plinths today. Plus waiting to get my active card holder back from a mate during the week, so I can use a certain combination of amps..... I'll let you know when they are running.......They were part of a collection of items, so cost me approx 600 notes.... Considering people will bid £350 for used Keilidh, which were about £650 new, seemed a good deal to me :D

Soldato
9designs2 said:
Yeah couldn't say no could I ;)
At present they are sitting in the garage :eek:
Need to touch up a few areas where the veneer colour has been rubbed away on the edges, plus clean up the plinths at the bottom.

They are an active only speaker, no passive xovers were ever built.
3 amps minimum, 4 recommended. (Klouts or better prefferably)
Set-up by reputation is a mare, need to be inch perfect in the room then they are awesome.

Sealed box, Isobarik loaded, (there's another oval unit inside !!!!!)
Response curve 20Hz to 20 Khz +/- 2db ! :eek:
No sub required !!!!!
52Kg each
New price in early 90's £6000 (yes six thousand )

Just working out what amps I'm going to use ....

I'll let people guess "used" price for now ;)

I would have spent your money on replacing those curtains mate, they ming hard ;)

Soldato
Well, sorry to be a party pooper, but those Linns are mingingly ugly (though I'll bet that they'll more than make up for that in the sound stakes)!!! £600 notes though?? A bargain to be sure! Well done :cool:

Soldato
OP
danza said:
Well, sorry to be a party pooper, but those Linns are mingingly ugly (though I'll bet that they'll more than make up for that in the sound stakes)!!! £600 notes though?? A bargain to be sure! Well done :cool:

I guess that's some early 90's styling for you, curved cabinets hadn't caught on then, though the pattern on the front is actually to break defraction on the front baffle.

There is some heavy duty construction going on, 5 x M10 spikes the 5th on the rear is used to level, then you screw down the rear two.
The mid driver works in to a sealed tube, truncated at a steep angle, bitumen lined, with Q-stone damper, plus lambs wool fill. They are Quad wired !!
Not had the bass driver out...yet ;)
Should be hooked next weekend.....

And with cloths on ......

Keltik06_small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom