No UK VX2022w & other questions...

Associate
I've been on the phone today to ViewSonic UK, and they are telling me that there are NO plans to release the VX2022w in the UK. Bit disappointed, I have to say, as the specs looked good on paper.

So, what do I do?

I'm now looking at the NEC LCD20WGX2, but I'm a bit concerned about the reflective coating. I don't have any lights/windows directly behind me, so would you think that the coating could cause a nuisance?

I've also noticed that there have been few comments about the Acer, or the BenQ 20" widescreen models. What are they like?

Man of Honour
The VX2022 looked like it was going to be a fast TN Film panel, nothing special really, when you consider the availability of excellent P-MVA and now AS-IPS panels in the 20" market. Take a look at this article which might help you decide which models are suited to you

Associate
Do we know yet whether the 2025 will do image scaling? i.e you have the option to either stretch a 1280*1024 image to fill the screen, or alternatively to have it appear 1:1 with black borders?

Man of Honour
Barghest said:
Very good article. Never realised that the Acer/BenQ were 6-bit panels. Looks like I'm probably going to go for the NEC.

glad you found it useful, covers a lot of the common quesitons at the moment as there is certainly a massive interest in the 20" market right now.

Do we know yet whether the 2025 will do image scaling? i.e you have the option to either stretch a 1280*1024 image to fill the screen, or alternatively to have it appear 1:1 with black borders?

uncertain, i don't think any VS models have offered this in the past, but then again we haven't seen any WS models from them really. Hopefully it will offer this option

Associate
hmm, i hope it does. That could be a deal breaker for me. :(

Is it possible to force such a thing in the gfx card display drivers, or does it have to be something the monitor itself handles?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
tedmaul said:
hmm, i hope it does. That could be a deal breaker for me. :(

Is it possible to force such a thing in the gfx card display drivers, or does it have to be something the monitor itself handles?

you can do it from Nvidia graphics card certainl;y just found the feature in my graphics card for centred out put, monitor scaling , keep aspect etc. So can do it through there, or through monitor as well :)

Associate
Baddass said:
you can do it from Nvidia graphics card certainl;y just found the feature in my graphics card for centred out put, monitor scaling , keep aspect etc. So can do it through there, or through monitor as well :)

My gfx card is Ati at the mo unfortunately, not sure if it's supported. Probably no way to tell on my 17" monitor at the mo. I'll have a look anyway...

Man of Honour
tedmaul said:
My gfx card is Ati at the mo unfortunately, not sure if it's supported. Probably no way to tell on my 17" monitor at the mo. I'll have a look anyway...

dig through the manual, my GFX settings have an option for "flat panel settings" with all these features in it, might only be when it sees a WS format screen though

Associate
I spoke to viewsonic a couple of days ago to ask about the vp2330wb, they said although they are not shown on the european web page they do have a limited amount in stock and are currently dispatching them to resellers for display purposes. They were expecting more stock the end of this week and would be being sent straight out to resellers.

Yay been waiting since end of last year to do an upgrade and get a 23"+ widescreen. Finally done upgrade last month 4800 X2, 1900xtx and 2gb of ram, i am now just waiting for either this 23" viewsonic or the del 2407. :D

Back
Top Bottom