• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best AMD Duel Core cpu

Associate
Okey i am considering getting a AMD Duel Core cpu but i am not planning on overlocking it.

Is The 3800+ good

any other ideas on any better cpu its for mostly gaming.

Hope to play the up and comeing games on vista.

Soldato
The X2 3800+ (2x 512kB L2 cache) is a very good dual core CPU.

The 4400+ (2x 1024kB L2 cache) is possibly a better buy but also more expensive. That would be my choice if it was within my budget.

The Opteron 165 / 170 (2x 2048kB L2 cache) are great dual core CPU's, especially for overclocking.

Soldato
zero_01 said:
looking at the prices the 3800+ Duel Core is the best for me the 4400+ is 2 expensive for me is the 3800+ gonna be good when vista comes out,

If you're not overclocking the X2 3800+ is a good dual core chip. The OEM version is a particuarly good price, at only £159+VAT. You will need a HSF for this - I'd recommend the Artic Freezer 64 Pro. Great quiet HSF and not too expensive (it's cheaper to buy the OEM chip and this HSF than the retail chip at the moment)

The Opteron 165 will perform about the same at stock, slower clock speed but more cache. It's expensive though so only worth it if you're going to overclock

Associate
zero_01 said:
Okey i am considering getting a AMD Duel Core cpu but i am not planning on overlocking it.

Is The 3800+ good

any other ideas on any better cpu its for mostly gaming.

Hope to play the up and comeing games on vista.

Duel core? You are going to fight with it? :confused:

L_D

L_D

Associate
King_Boru said:
Took it from Austin Powers : Goldmember

Farjer>farther>father ;)

thought so :)

Anyway on topic - for best price/performance ratio it has to be 3800+ - will be fine for Vista and games - although games performance will depend heavily on your graphics card too.

Back
Top Bottom