Scythe Ninja... XP90c... Arctic Cooling Freezer 64... Which One?

Soldato
james.miller said:
it also costs more and doesnt come with a fan. and where has quick reply gone?
Very true. But it allows for a much quieter cooler, if that's your thing as it can be run fanless according to its specs.

And - they stole our quick reply!!! :eek: :( - me wants it back!!!! :( Damn you quick reply stealers, damn you!!!

Soldato
smids said:
But it still isn't quite as good as the Ninja. Look to all the reviews, Ninja is the best.
smids, I'm more inclined to believe you than 99% of the review sites. I just read one review that put the Ninja 16°C below the XP-120! ;)

No doubt I will end up picking one up at some point, mainly to see how it does running passive, could be handy for a ultra silent system, but please don't just say *Look to all the reviews, Ninja is the best* don't you know these guys get free hardware if they make a favourable review, or the company supplying the hardware will pay out a nice sum of cash for some advertising.

I advise not running around repeating stuff *parrot fashion* that you haven't used, it doesn't help.

Soldato
Yeah, you are right Big.Wayne, but I've seen user reviews from XS etc, and these are the reviews, as well as normal reviews I go on. When the Ninja first became popular, a good few months ago, I researched it then, and in all honesty, it is really the best cooler. So many users posted up their views on it etc and this is what I base my advice on ;). Some of them had even gone from an XP120 to the Ninja and still were going batty about it saying how good it was.

Soldato
ok guys. i just installed this heatsink in a brand new thermalright saprano case (120mm fans front and back.

new%20build.jpg

I think that's a bloody good start :eek: was getting idle of 47c in the HTPC case with the stock sink with the same settings.

Associate
OP
Ohh err! I just got my Scythe Ninja though the post. It certainly is massive.. Not as heavy as i thought it would be though.

Unfortunately i'm at work so can't play untill i get home :(

Soldato
Hi James,

How is access to those memory slots?

Have u tried CPU-z v1.32 and motherboard monitor? MBM5 gives you a great readout (high-low) Im having trouble making sense of your readouts?

P.S: Is that a modded PSU with orange wrap?

PPS: what is that bass bin in the background?

Soldato
no problem with the memory, although they are in the furthest slots. To access the first two you only have to take the fan off:)

sorry its not clear, ill have a better one for you shortly:) but basically, it's 48c full load at the end of an 8mb superPI run @ 2870mhz.

P.S, no its an x-pro 460w. they come with the orange braiding as standard:)
P.P.S - lightning audio 12" strike DVC. awsome subwoofer;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah thats better, just get used to certain readouts so thanks for clearing that up!

What is your mobo James? I am using an nForce4-SLI and that is supported by MBM? (albeit with some custom config files) no sweat if you dont have time but the end result is worth the 10mins of toil :)

When you get time D/L and run OCCT test as that produces a nice chart over a 30min period where you can see the temps ride and fall etc.

Lastly, what vCore do u need to run 2.8GHz on your 148?

Soldato
im running a jetway a210gdms - it's an ATi xpress200 chipset that isnt well supported by anything lol

i'll give OCCT a run in a second. as for vcore @ 2.8ghz? im not sure, its around 1.5v. It's not a brilliant clocker

=[Pic updated. 2980mhz]=

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry to take this off topic, but a quick question for james.miller, how do you get on with the pci slot holders in the soprano, I couldnt get on with them at all and took them out. I find the cards are much more secure with just screws. I found there was just too much movement on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom