Bought TFT at last!!

Soldato
Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

lol. Nice one ACPCUP, welcome to the world of flat screens and less headaches:)

Associate
let us know what you think of it, my mate has the 17" version and I'm well impressed with it considering the low price he paid. No dead pixels and gaming on it was great and I've been looking at the 19" one for myself.

Permabanned
OP
Yea, will do guys. Been reading up on it for months trying to make up my mind!! With desk space at a premium and the CRT giving me headaches etc i have just bitten the bullet and gone for one!! Just hope it lives up to the reviews on it!!

Soldato
ACPCUP said:
Yea, will do guys. Been reading up on it for months trying to make up my mind!! With desk space at a premium and the CRT giving me headaches etc i have just bitten the bullet and gone for one!! Just hope it lives up to the reviews on it!!
It will mate

Permabanned
OP
Thanks. Looking forward to getting it and setting it up.

What is the best way to adjust the brightness as i have heard that a lot of TFT's can be very bright.

Soldato
Turning the brightness down usually does the trick :D

Scan the monitors OSD for other settings though, for instance the Samsungs have a gamma setting in the OSD too, which badly needs turning down on those screens. It's basically just a case of experimenting until you get something you're comfortable with. Also don't worry if your eyes feel a bit funny after using it for the first few days, that will pass.

I'm sure you already know this, but don't put any pressure on the panel itself while unpacking and setting it up, always pick it up by the casing.

Best of luck with it :)

Permabanned
OP
I know you can turn the brightness down via the OSD but sometimes that is not enough! Is it best to do it through, Display, Properties? I have an Nvidia Graphics Card. Ta

Soldato
Nah, much better to leave graphics card settings on default and adjust the monitor. As soon as you start messing with graphics card colour settings, the graphics card isn't outputting a linear colour curve anymore, so you may find certain parts of the spectrum are compressed or even missing. Then you're left trying to compensate with the monitors controls, and it ends up looking a mess.

You should calibrate the monitor though. There might be an app on the CD to do that, or else Baddass will be able to suggest something.

Soldato
ACPCUP said:
Ok, thanks mate. Be interested if there is another way to alter the brightness.

I'd wait for it to be delivered first and then see what you think - you might not want the brightness right down at its minimum settings :)

If you reduce the contrast level this will also reduce your maximum brightness level

Back
Top Bottom